corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine timing, need to double check, then check again....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine timing, need to double check, then check again....
ed

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 05 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i'm timing my engine, is it pistons 1 and 4 that need to be in thier fully up position? Also, apart from the timing marks I made on my cam pullys, is there any way to check that the cams are in the right place?

I will of course be checking that its all right by cranking the engine round with a torx bit off of the crankshaft with the spark plugs out before fitting the engine, but I want to get it right first them

Ed....
myke

2nd Jun 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1&4 at tdc, line the mark on the crank pulley to the long pin that sticks out to it
drop the cam cover back on and line the two notches up with the lines on the cam pulleys

lock the two pulleys together with molegrips between the pair
ed

2nd Jun 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, going to be fitting the timing belt tomorrow, today has gone pretty well, got the sump back on, got the head fitted and torqued up nicely... Hopefully have her built back up tomorrow....
myke

2nd Jun 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet.
whens it going in?
ed

2nd Jun 05 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure now... Was going to stay home and miss PVS to fit it but because so much stuff went wrong last week. I never thought I'd be at this stage today..... Will probably get everything ready tomorrow, get the gearbox on and sort out the cooling system so I can get on with it on Monday afternoon and Tuesday... Then finish off in the evenings after work because I doubt I'll get it sorted in a day and a half
myke

2nd Jun 05 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where's all the pics mofo?
ed

2nd Jun 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of the engine? Haven't taken any yet... Could go take some now for you ....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine timing, need to double check, then check again.... 23 database queries in 0.0128551 seconds