corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP WITH AMP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP WITH AMP!
Corsa1600

User status: Offline
9th Jun 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, fitted a pioneer headunit and boston acoustic components today, running of a magnat ampbridged to deliver 240wrms per channel, got everything fitted, turned it on, and the speakers just started whining, popping, hissing and crackling! the protection light on the amp is flashing too! the standard rears are running of the headunit alone and work fine!Do you think the problem might be a bad earth? worried im going to damage the speakers if i carry on! what else could cause the protection light to come on? help would really be appreciated! cheers!
Jake

10th Jun 05 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a fused power cable?
Dom

10th Jun 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check earths, make sure there isnt any shorts (in power cables, RCAs and speaker cable) - so buzz everything out. tbh, it sounds like a short to me - just make sure your fuses are all correct before you go hunting
Richie

12th Jun 05 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Dom said, could be any of those, but id put my money on damaged RCA's, a terrible earth (on both the headunit and amps), and maybe a fault with the headunit.
toxic

12th Jun 05 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what RMS are the boston acoustic components ?. Be couse if you putting 240wrms per channel you could have blown them.
Corsa1600

12th Jun 05 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have managed to get the left component working, but the right one is not working! joined the old speaker up with the wires and it works so am going to have to send the other back! the guy at CEL direct told me they would take 150rms no problem, and the amp is rated 240rms at 14.4volts so in reality wont be putting this out!
At the moment have got the power and RCA wires running openly through the car, while i get everything working properly, but i get a terrible whining noise through the speaker when i turn the engine on, and if i turn the fan on, i get a noise through the speaker too! Anyone have any idea what this might be? and how to get rid of it, have heard you can get noise suppressors to wire in! do these work? cheers for the replies people!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP WITH AMP! 24 database queries in 0.0084329 seconds