corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14 and X16 Injectors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14 and X16 Injectors
fattymatt66

User status: Offline
5th Aug 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone shed some light on the following. I currently have a X14XE which is in the priliminary stages of becoming a hillclimb car. At the moment handling and saftey devies are the priority but i have recently spotted some X16 injectors for sale. Im wondering if these will allow greater flow for future modifications to the engine. Anyone have any ideas? or has done this?
Cheers
Matt

Current state below

[Edited on 05-08-2005 by fattymatt66]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

5th Aug 05 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same injectors on the 1.4 and 1.6 mate
fattymatt66

5th Aug 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanted to check. Thanks for your help
Cybermonkey

6th Aug 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are your plans out of interest? throtte bodies?
fattymatt66

6th Aug 05 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment the plan is to get it elidgible to race in the modified production saloon 1400cc class. Things like fia approved roll cage, engine kill switch fia 4-point harnesses and seats etc.
Im on a budget so im working on handling, braking, weight loss and safety to begin with. So far ive got spax rsx coilovers (need eccentric top mounts or camber adjusters), ebc discs and pads (greenstuff are good for hillclimbing as only 30-40 sec runs), sabelt 4 point harnesses just arrived, cobra monaco s have been ordered, stripped out rear ( entire interior will be for sale as soon as seats are in), black astra gte wheels,omp adjustable strut braces, all round black powerflex bushes soon to be ordered and currenly looking around at roll cages but any advice welcome. Only need rear cage as less than 2.0 to comply with rules but budget allowing will get full welded cage.
As regards engine work, only 50k so ripe for mods, regulations allow pretty much anything apart from keeping the orginal block and capacity and that it must be mouted in the manufacturers original spec. So the usual mods de-cat,exhaust and manifold, induction, lightened and balanced, unichip etc. Throttle bodies are definately on the cards but thats way down the line, will probably start with the cheaper dibas inlet manifold or lexmaul, then throttle bodies or pherhaps turbo or supercharger and or Nos. Ive also seen a system that super cools the inlet air but i cant remeber the name.
Anyway this season of hill climbing is over so im preparing it for next year, my competition is R5turbo's, 16V X14XE Nova, 106's etc. Half of them drive like miss daisy so should be dispatch of a few without much power but the proper cars will take some beating. 300bhp should cover it!!!!!
Oh yeah forgot to mention, its gotta be road legal too, its my only car!!!

Road legal 1.4 with 300bhp Thats should raise some eyebrows!!
bubble

6th Aug 05 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fattymatt66

Road legal 1.4 with 300bhp Thats should raise some eyebrows!!

you will need to spend 45k and more to get 300bhp from a 1.4
fattymatt66

6th Aug 05 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

45k that i dont have!! lol
I think the majic 140 bhp without massive mods or money is realistic , anything after that "like you say" is gonna require big bucks, but its all work in progress so start at the bottom and work my way up. I'll join and as a premium member and keep it updated as work progresses for anyone who's intreseted.
broster
Premium Member

6th Aug 05 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

300bhp from a 1.4 16v will be hard......very hard!

few pointers for thins you mentioned, for a welded in half cage try http://www.racingdevelopments.co.uk they did mine, its fantastic, and its all good enought for the scrutineers! and for the top mounts try ebay, i have just purchased a set off there, £100 delivered

New Poll