corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clifford Alarms???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clifford Alarms???
ash_corsa

User status: Offline
5th Aug 05 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just booked my car in to have the Clifford Concept 650 alarm and immobiliser installed.
anyone else got one of these? how much did you pay and how have you found it?
i will be paying £349 inc mobile installation
its got dual zone proximity sensors but i want the tilt sensors aswell because of my wheels. does it come with ultrasonic sensors (glass break) aswell?
and can you have the thing that locks the doors when you switch the engine on and unlocks them when you turn the car off?
cheers

[Edited on 05-08-2005 by ash_corsa]
Kerry

5th Aug 05 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
and can you have the thing that locks the doors when you switch the engine on and unlocks them when you turn the car off?

anti hijack
StuartVRS

5th Aug 05 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf thats a top price where is that from??

Ive had nothing but problems since i got the 650, control unit failed, proximity sensor goes off all the time when nothing is anywhere near the car
ash_corsa

5th Aug 05 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a company in the back of max power, they offer a 24/7 aftersales support, they say if theres a fault someone will be sent out to fix it straight away, free!
clifford seem a prety decent make and if its thatcham cat1 it cant be bad!
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

5th Aug 05 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
just booked my car in to have the Clifford Concept 650 alarm and immobiliser installed.
anyone else got one of these? how much did you pay and how have you found it?
i will be paying £349 inc mobile installation
its got dual zone proximity sensors but i want the tilt sensors aswell because of my wheels. does it come with ultrasonic sensors (glass break) aswell?
cheers

That's a good price mate.

I've had no problems with mine touch wood. (The bonnet pin sensor has stoped working, but then again it's still working on the standard Audi Alarm. So I am not too fused as both the Clifford and the Audi alarm arm)

ultrasonic sensors not included I am affraid, but can be added.

and can you have the thing that locks the doors when you switch the engine on and unlocks them when you turn the car off? Yes this is part of the alarm, just needs to be set up.
Dan B

5th Aug 05 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check up on them, make sure they are an authorised Clifford installer...

Tilt/lift sensors will normally come as standard (they do on the 600, anyway), but I had to have the glass-tamper sensors as an added extra.

The facility to lock the doors when you switch the engine on is NOT anti-hijack (BlackJax), it's a normal part of the alarm......BlackJax requires you to enter a pin-code in every time you start the car, or open and close the driver-door when the engine is running (40 second timed delay before it immobilises the car).
ash_corsa

5th Aug 05 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theyre a big company, definetly authourised clifford, toad and cobra dealers with the insurance company approved logo on thier advert

how much extra are the 'add-ons'?

[Edited on 05-08-2005 by ash_corsa]
hitman2k

5th Aug 05 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neva had a problem with my clifford been in there for nearly a year now depends who fits it for u!!
Jambo

5th Aug 05 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a concept 300 had it for nearly as long as car, 3/4 years

Never single problem. Goes a bit funny from time to time, unlocks funny, or makes a weird noise

But generally speaking it has been 100% fine (touch wood)
Jules

6th Aug 05 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get 3 types of 650 depending on what you want - you can get the 650 with dual zone prox (for convertables for example, the 650 with tilt sensors or the 650 with glass break/ultrasonics.
I was told that you had to basiclly pick what suited you best and if you wanted a combination/all of the above then you have to get the 950 as it comes with them all as standard.
In the end I phoned Toad and got them to come out and fit a Ai606i with tilt sensor for £380 ish - Had a Toad for year and never had it go wrong and never heard any bad stories about them goin wrong where as Cliffords can very very tempremental.
Greg_M

6th Aug 05 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a clifford 300 on my corsa and a toad on the mrs'.

i was happy with the few niggles with the clifford i have. Sensor setting it off the odd time, it 4 beeping when its wet. but the mrs' alarm is top notch.

I would recomend a toad if you have a car that is new/old/hot/cold. Basicly just get a toad instead.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clifford Alarms??? 23 database queries in 0.0102711 seconds