corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PLEASE help with corsa spring rates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PLEASE help with corsa spring rates
Zim Invader

User status: Offline
19th Aug 05 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to post this in the help zone, but no answers...

So, i will try it again, here:

Hi people!

I'm building a suspension kit for a corsa B. We already made the struts in stainless steel, the perches in 6351 T6 anodized aluminum, they are rebound adjustable, full threaded body.

So, I'd like some suggestions about the spring rates. We are thinking something in the neighborhood of 180 - 210 lbs/in.

The car is a GSI.

So, if you guys that have sport suspensions, could share your info about your kits with me, I would be very happy!

Regards!

thats the pic of the strut!

richard_syko
Banned

19th Aug 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try and ask one of these!

Regal
http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/
info@regal-auto.co.uk

Or Courtney
http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/
+44 (0) 1692 404313
info@courtenaysport.co.uk

Where are you from? Is it for race or just road use?
Zim Invader

19th Aug 05 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just "road race" use. We tried to contact courtenay, but they didn't answer the 1000 e mails. So we made our own powerbox.

P.S.: We are brazilians!

Please people, i KNOW that SOMEBODY knows about the spring rates...

Thanks anyway!!!

[Edited on 19-08-2005 by Zim Invader]
Zim Invader

20th Aug 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i will cry...
Zim Invader

20th Aug 05 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the first spring we tested: 160 lbs/in

It felt too soft. So we decided to go for something harder

Then we made this one: 240 lbs/in.

This one was just too much. At least for street use. the car lost traction and locked the brakes too easily. We tried to change the balance lowering the front a little, it helped, but not enough. We softened the damper compression, but yet, not enough.

So we concluded that the optimum would be in theneighborhood of 200 lbs/in max, and we made a pair of springs like that. But something went wrong and the springs came too high, too long. So they didn't fit.

I am going to make a fourth set of front springs, and this time, i dont want too make another mistake... So i am NEEDING your help people!!!

Talk toyour friends, ask them to help me!!!

By the way:

The car:

Regards!!!
broster
Premium Member

20th Aug 05 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 200lb ones on my corsa when i had coilovers on it, was stifff enought, prob on the limit for road use, when on track you can run alot stronger

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PLEASE help with corsa spring rates 23 database queries in 0.1589248 seconds