corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another pic request pls! GSi front bumper

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another pic request pls! GSi front bumper
Jules

User status: Offline
5th Sep 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my GSi back from a little tidy up at the bodyshop at the weekend but as the front bumper has been resprayed the guy took the "GSi 16v" badge off, he's cleaned it up and put some new strong double sided tape on it and I said that I'll put it back one once I'm sure of exactly where it goes, and this is where I need help - Has anyone got a pic of a standard GSi bumper (complete with GSi 16v badge) taken from front on they can post up please?
At least I can try and work out the correct distances from the number plate recess / lip of bumper etc etc.

I'll put some pics up when I've added a few bits I've got for it.

Adam_B

5th Sep 05 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo it looks 100x better without it

[Edited on 05-09-2005 by Adam_B]
Greasemonkey

5th Sep 05 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother with it, take off all the badges and replace the one on the boot with chrome Vectra GSI one, just put it in the bottom corner of the boot lid
Corsa_Carl

5th Sep 05 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butler

5th Sep 05 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo the badge on the bumper is cool, id have the gsi badge on the bumper and remove the vauxhall badge from the rear leavin the gsi badge on the boot
Greasemonkey

5th Sep 05 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had no Badges at all on my GSI just the Vectra GSI one in the botom left of my Smooth Boot
Jules

5th Sep 05 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, the badges is going back on as I do kind of like it, I think putting the newer style on older cars is a bit marmite - you either love it or you hate it, personally I'm not keen although I have seen some examples on here were it does really suit.

Adam_B - Has that badge ever been taken off and put back on? I've got a picture of Teddys old LET Corsa and the badge is about 3" higher up.
Corsalad87

5th Sep 05 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive left badges off and it looks better!
Jules

5th Sep 05 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said - it'a marmite, some people like it, some don't. It's not about being right or wrong it's just a matter of personal preference, and mine is to keep the badges.

Corsalad87

5th Sep 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed!!!
Butler

5th Sep 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Cheers guys, the badges is going back on as I do kind of like it, I think putting the newer style on older cars is a bit marmite - you either love it or you hate it, personally I'm not keen although I have seen some examples on here were it does really suit.

Adam_B - Has that badge ever been taken off and put back on? I've got a picture of Teddys old LET Corsa and the badge is about 3" higher up.

The badge should be higher than on adam b's
Fraser Young

5th Sep 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules

5th Sep 05 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks about right to me, so we're talking a couple of inches from the edge of the number plate recess and just below the crest of the bumper curve.

Cheers
Adam_B

5th Sep 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules

its not mine, its a bumper wayne has just bought, i thought it looked a bit low as well actully
Wayne

5th Sep 05 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bumper looks like it has been sprayed before as there is a few little runs in the paint, so maybe it has been moved but i have no idea.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Sep 05 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That bumper has been painted, the lower grille section should have a black backing.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another pic request pls! GSi front bumper 23 database queries in 0.0107009 seconds