corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good Buy?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Good Buy?
A.Nam

User status: Offline
28th Sep 05 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i am looking to buy a corsa, i have seen a C SXI on a 51 plate, its on about 58,000 miles, its in a general good condition and the screen price is £3995. Do you thinks a good buy?

Also what should i be looking out for when i am buying one?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
Cybermonkey

28th Sep 05 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah good price
AndyCorsa

28th Sep 05 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You buying private or dealer? Autotrader valuations are...

Vauxhall Corsa (00-) Hatchback 1.2i 16v SXi 3dr
Hatchback 3dr
2001-51
Mileage 58,000

Dealer £3,853
Private £3,479
ShEp

28th Sep 05 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the cv joints, (full lock and drive) as they're extremely bad for cv boots detatching and ppl dont bother to sort it till m.o.t time,

steering rack's are generally bad for going too, jack the front up and jiggle the front wheels from side to side, if there's a small amount of play in both wheel's u can bet your ass its the rack,

also a 51 plate will fall under the faulty steering column's too, something inside bugger up causing them to knock and rattle, just take it for a run and you'll hear it if its fecked

if there's a rattle from the engine on start up which goes away after a few seconds, walk away cos thats the faulty chain, it involves changing the chain and pulley's (chain instead of timing belt on these engines)

other than that just check the normal things, service history, all the panels, bla bla,
ShEp

28th Sep 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
check the cv joints, (full lock and drive) as they're extremely bad for cv boots detatching and ppl dont bother to sort it till m.o.t time,

steering rack's are generally bad for going too, jack the front up and jiggle the front wheels from side to side, if there's a small amount of play in both wheel's u can bet your ass its the rack,

also a 51 plate will fall under the faulty steering column's too, something inside bugger up causing them to knock and rattle, just take it for a run and you'll hear it if its fecked

if there's a rattle from the engine on start up which goes away after a few seconds, walk away cos thats the faulty chain, it involves changing the chain and pulley's (chain instead of timing belt on these engines)

thats the more serious ones, but they're common to me cos i work in a vauxhall garage, chances are this car will have none of these problems, (till u buy it no doubt )

other than that just check the normal things, service history, all the panels, bla bla,

OOPS MEANT TO HIT EDIT THERE NOT QUOTE

[Edited on 28-09-2005 by ShEp]

[Edited on 28-09-2005 by ShEp]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good Buy? 23 database queries in 0.0101669 seconds