corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lazer Guns

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lazer Guns
Andrew

User status: Offline
15th Nov 05 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How far can they get you from?

Twice in 2 weeks now Different roads Got up late and was nailing it and seen a yellow jacket so slamed on. Looked in my rear view mirror at some guy giving me the wanker sign Bet he felt a dick once he seen the lazer gun

Don't think they got me because there was a Micra in front and was a good 20 car lenths away when i braked. Also looked like the girl was getting some training as she looked really pleased laughing at the Micra slam on Didn't blink at me so i dunno. TWATS!
Kif

15th Nov 05 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can get just you from any distance mate. Normal people get a bit more le-way
Cosmo

15th Nov 05 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have to pull you over with the handhelds dont they?

When I got done it said I was doing 41mph @ 197ft, so atleast 197ft!
Andrew

15th Nov 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Police cars there or nothing and was not pulling cars over either.
Ultimate Corsa Driver!!!

15th Nov 05 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laser is an accronym you know, you can't just drop a z in there cos you're feeling american

The laser is usually wired up to a camera if its on a busy road and they just snap a piccie and send it to you. Think they can only point a laser at you to back up prior suspision of speeding, i.e. they cant just wave the laser at every passing car by their own regulations.
gianluigi

15th Nov 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh

15th Nov 05 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read an article the other day about how laser speed detectors may be abolished as they can give false readings... apparently as a vehicle travels towards the camera, the laser point will move horizontally along the front of the vehicle, and gives an innacurate reading.

The government is being pressured to disallow evidence gathered by such means, until the technology can be proven to be infallible. Which means in the meantime, lots of motorists could be receiving refunds of fines, and having points removed if caught by a laser equipped speed trap.
SXi_Tim

15th Nov 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that after a certain date or everyone who still has 3 points on thier licence from been caught through a laser gun?
Ultimate Corsa Driver!!!

15th Nov 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was on a TV programme the other night. They did a test on a stationary car and the slightest movement of the hand produced an 8mph reading, which would be added to the road speed of a moving car, so in theory you could get nicked for going 8mph over the limit even if you're bang on 30 etc!
Steve
Premium Member

15th Nov 05 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sum guy got done for speeding by a gun and it went to court as he was adamant he wasnt, whilst at court he picked up the gun off the table and pointed it at the wall, it gave a reading of 7mph, he showed this the judge and subsequently was let off

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lazer Guns 23 database queries in 0.0094481 seconds