corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Track Day Rules and Regulations

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Track Day Rules and Regulations
Reedy

User status: Offline
   19th Nov 05 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, so what is the bare minimum a track day car needs?

as in, does it need Lights? Windows? boot?

that kinda thing, cheers in advance
James R

19th Nov 05 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just needs to pass scrutineering whihc depends on the track organisers

Ian
Site Administrator

19th Nov 05 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah depends very much on the conditions on the day, proper motorsport must confirm to regs but weekend racer type track day stuff usually requires you to have a road legal car that doesn't make too much noise.
Reedy

19th Nov 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah depends very much on the conditions on the day, proper motorsport must confirm to regs but weekend racer type track day stuff usually requires you to have a road legal car that doesn't make too much noise.

why does it have to be road legal as in, head lights and stuff. Also would that mean it needs a road tax and mot?
AK

19th Nov 05 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically...

if they think you're car is not fit to last, and may be a danger to other track users it wont be let on.

I for one would NOT be happy being on a trackday with a car that looked like it had been stolen from a scrappy. No lights? No windows? No Boot

People always have a worry about being taken out by other cars... seeing a car that the owner obv doesnt care about will not ease those thoughts.

Oh.... and most trackdays will have there rules/regs etc published on there site etc. Be best to consult that.

[Edited on 19-11-2005 by AK]
Robin
Premium Member

19th Nov 05 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suggested bookatrack to look at, but he came back at me with loads of random MSA regs and stuff lol
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Nov 05 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you can go with out headlight (s)

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Robin
Premium Member

19th Nov 05 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be able to as i've seen a few without

silverstone allow cars which are prepped for track only, ie trailered there and ragged about

they generally still have headlights and tail lights though
Reedy

19th Nov 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ak, im just thinking of lightweighting it thats all.
I can see where you are coming from, but anybody who takes their car on the track will always take the risk of their car being dammaged.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Nov 05 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mean legal as in fines and points, I mean that this usually indicates that the car isn't a tatty dog used entirely for ragging.

If the car has no MOT that means its roadworthyness has not been checked, might have ropey brakes, loose ball joints, whatever.

I know there's a risk of anyones can being damaged, but that risk is a lot greater if the car behind can't stop.
Reedy

19th Nov 05 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I don't mean legal as in fines and points, I mean that this usually indicates that the car isn't a tatty dog used entirely for ragging.

If the car has no MOT that means its roadworthyness has not been checked, might have ropey brakes, loose ball joints, whatever.

I know there's a risk of anyones can being damaged, but that risk is a lot greater if the car behind can't stop.

yeah i know that, its obvious that you can take a car on the track if its not safe. I mean there rules are obviously different for cars that are used on the road and what are used on the track. i.e no need for headlights because the car wouldnt be used at nite.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Track Day Rules and Regulations 24 database queries in 0.0115688 seconds