corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » painting x14xe rocker cover. afew questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author painting x14xe rocker cover. afew questions
johnscorsaXE

User status: Offline
19th Nov 05 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a complete novice in the engine department, so please dont laugh if my questions are stupid.

Firstly, I want to paint my rocker cover gasket, so i want to take it off the car to do so.

Do the bolts need to be taken off in any sort of order?
Then will it just be a case of painting - applying new gasket, the bolting back on?

Any help advice appreciated
johnscorsaXE

19th Nov 05 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do the spark plugs come out?
DarrenGSi

19th Nov 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post a pic of your engine
DarrenGSi

19th Nov 05 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X14XE so it will be plastic cover your wanting to paint?
Robin
Premium Member

19th Nov 05 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it off, dont worry about what order you undo the bolts, it doesnt matter, them de-grease the rpcker cover, paint it wit metal primer, leave to dry, paint it the colour you want, leave it to dry

when you put it back on, dont overtighten it, as you'll split the new gasket and snap bolts

and the spark plugs, dont worry about them, they stay in the head, the cover comes off round them, but you'll need to remove the HT leads before the cover will come off
broster
Premium Member

19th Nov 05 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
take it off, dont worry about what order you undo the bolts, it doesnt matter, them de-grease the rpcker cover, paint it wit metal primer, leave to dry, paint it the colour you want, leave it to dry

when you put it back on, dont overtighten it, as you'll split the new gasket and snap bolts

and the spark plugs, dont worry about them, they stay in the head, the cover comes off round them, but you'll need to remove the HT leads before the cover will come off

hehehe
johnscorsaXE

19th Nov 05 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys.

yeah its an x14xe. i'll prob be doing that then some time this week.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » painting x14xe rocker cover. afew questions 23 database queries in 0.0100160 seconds