corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speakers
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Nov 05 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right gonna get some new speakers to replace the standard ones in both the doors and rear either side of parcelshelf as standard sounds shoot.

i know the ones in the doors are a straight swap and will fit behind existing trims (5.25" and will need an adapter to fit up to 6.5"?) but was wondering if its just as easy to get at the ones in the back and what size they are? is this also a straight swop? and can i run them on my standard HU for now untill my new one arrives?
i havent got any 6x9's and wont be getting any so just want to make the sounds a bit more crisp and clean

cheers
Dan

[Edited on 29-11-2005 by Danny W]

[Edited on 29-11-2005 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Kurt

29th Nov 05 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think the back are 10cm its just two wires with a plug on the end, i just snipped them and screwed my new speakers onto the original frame and connected up the remaining wires, i dont use them now though, extended the cable to some 6x9's

[Edited on 29-11-2005 by kurtofcc]
Danny W
Premium Member

29th Nov 05 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ok mate cheers for the info

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

29th Nov 05 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa b or c?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

29th Nov 05 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also should be in ICE and Electrics
Danny W
Premium Member

29th Nov 05 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa B, ah soz about that forgot.
cheers

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Kurt

29th Nov 05 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was on about a b
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

29th Nov 05 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa b, u will not get them to fit straight in the front doors, you will need this:
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2000.html
As for the back, I think they are 10cm, there are about 6 torx screws holding in each trim panel, then you can get to the speakers
Danny W
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks dude,
will be having a look around halfords tomorrow lol just to see if i can pick up some cheap aftermarket speakers and adapters.
so i cant go anybigger than 13 cm in front?
anyone know how deep i can go ? if im putting spakers behind original trimings

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look in FAQ's at top of ICE and Electrics, it says the mounting depth when using the Autoleads adaptors. You should be able to get 165mm (or 17cm) in those adaptors also, you just dont use the spacer plates (you wil see what I mean if you look at the adaptors in Halfords tomorrow). The only problem then is if the speaker cone catches on the back of the door pockets, although it should clear, or you may need to sand down the back of the grill a bit, to get them to fit correctly.
Danny W
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aha thanks dude, exactly what i wanted to know

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problems

New Poll