corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got my estimate on my damage repairs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got my estimate on my damage repairs
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 06 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

day light robbery, and wot the hell dp they mean by de nib?

i hope this isnt to scuff the surface up to take the laquer off and also they will only need to blend into the door!!
ainsley_brader

13th Jan 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant believe you expected anything less. You took your car into a main dealer with a damaged wing, bumper, bonnet and your complaining that they want to replace them?
The only thing on that list that i would probably question is the driveshaft/wheel bearing bits. The wheel and tyre is obviously fooked if you dont tell them you intend to put the spare on then obviously they are going to quote for a new one.

Your all slagging the garage off, but if the shoe was on the other foot and insurance were paying would you be happy with..

"oh well just put a new wing on it, a tub of filler in the bonnet, fibreglass the bumper brackets back on, tigerseal the old wheelarch back in and a quick spray over. Then chuck his spare wheel on for him and fook him off!

No didnt think so!!!!
Butler

13th Jan 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why cant you believe that, the car doesnt need a new bumper, its fine!! yet they want to replace it, it doesnt need a new wheel at the back, yet they want to replace it! Same goes with the door. Any decent garage would try and get the best job done for the littlest money, they are replacing everything without considering the cost, its alright for them, they dont have to pay. They also refuse to use second hand parts, and encouraged me not to go elsewhere because they will do the best job. It doesnt need to be jigged either, apparently it goes to align the suspension arms, as it might have moved, so replace it?
ainsley_brader

13th Jan 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could have pulled the mounts for the suspension. Why have the mentioned rear wheel then? Can't comment on bumper or door without seeing it!
Butler

13th Jan 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said why does it say i need a new rear wheel, he said there is a chunk out if it, and i got down and had a look and said, no there isnt, and he looked at it and had a feel and went 'oh!' its perfectly fine!!
jr

13th Jan 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBh main dealers will never wonder if something fucked

they will go for a blanket repair, which covers evreything, otherwise, you only be more pissed off if you got it back and only 90% of the problem was fixed
Butler

13th Jan 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH im getting bored of it all, really want a new car now, il 90% certain end up breaking it
jr

13th Jan 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would sell it to a salvage place or something like that
Butler

13th Jan 06 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont expect they will give me much cos they need to make a profit, any ideas how much id get for it anyone??
ainsley_brader

13th Jan 06 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay it! Damage doesnt look to bad in a picture, you'd get more selling as is than repairing and selling! Oh and take a picture with the spare on and put in the small print that youve swapped the wheel!
Butler

13th Jan 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought i could get more than i would on ebay, dont supposed salvage cars fetch much on there but il have a look
ainsley_brader

13th Jan 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

believe me they do!
Butler

13th Jan 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may have to resort to that, i can imagine someone saying, oh its nothing like i expected, dont want it anymore blah blah
m1ke

13th Jan 06 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could get that done easy for under £1200 i wouldent go to that bodyshop mate, sounds a con

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got my estimate on my damage repairs 23 database queries in 0.2962790 seconds