corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » confused about my car....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author confused about my car....
corsa120

User status: Offline
21st Jan 06 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is something wrong with my passenger wheel some where at front as i have to keep tightening the hub nut up only slightly every so often as wheel gets fair bit of wobble, checked the ball joint, track rod end and everything else and nothing loose.

however i noticed today whilst tightening it again that i decided to remove brake disc etc out way took nut off completely and u can slide drive shaft backwards and forwards about 1/2 inch should u be able to do that?? then whacked nut back on and tightened put split pin through and put wheel back on and there is no wobble but if i give it few days it will come back i think AGAIN lol

do u think wheel bearing is knackered or somat as its startin to annoy me alot.
corsa120

21st Jan 06 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some1 must have had similar sometime
flash22

21st Jan 06 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is some movment in the drive shafts (if you push hard enuf) you may have a worn cv joint or a nackerd wheel bearing

wobble/virbration through the steering wheel usualy means the wheels are off ballance/a bent or buckeled rim or your tracking is out. have you checked the wishbone bushes and the roll bar bushes ??

when you say you did the hub nut up did you use a torque wrench ???

[Edited on 21-01-2006 by flash22]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

21st Jan 06 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hub nut should only be done up hand tight, so a torque wrench wouldn't really help, unless you mean he may have done it too much and damaged it.

New Poll