corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » No-Spec™ (Stripped Mk3 20XEV Astra)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No-Spec™ (Stripped Mk3 20XEV Astra)
Benn

User status: Offline
   26th Jan 06 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car was orginally a 1995 M reg 1.4 Merit Auto. I bought it to break for bits, as it had the relatively rare 1.4 MPi engine. Whilst stripping it, I noticed the shell, apart from a few dents and scratches, had no rust. Anywhere.

So I wondered what I could do with it. The engine and running gear from a 2.0 16v Mk3 Sport came up at the right price, so I fitted it. It passed it's MOT no problems, even with the 13" wheels and 236mm brakes! It now has 288s and 15" Cav SRi/ Cesaro wheels (full set of 5). I've also fitted 268 rear discs from a Cav SRi. It's lowered 40mm all round on standard shocks. I've driven it around on and off for 6 months and it's brilliant fun. It's amazingly quick, too, much better than I ever thought it would be.
I got it on a weighbridge and it came in at 980Kgs. It's got no dash, no carpet, front seats are from a Mk2 Astra GTE 16v (dark rainbow), no rear seats. No heater or any trim inside the car at all. I've made aluminium brackets for the clocks, light switch and hazard switch. I've mounted 3 electric heaters under the windscreen, so you can drive it fine in the rain/ cold weather, but they offer no warmth in the car all, just keep the screen clear.
It has the standard Vauxhall transponder immobiliser. It still has the PAS, all correct and working. Windy windows, no central locking. It's a facelift, so has dark rear lights and boot panel, but I've fitted a pre-facelift headlights and grille, as these were not on the car when I got it.
Still badged as a 1.4, registered as a 2.0.

I was desperately hoping to take the car to PVS and take it down the strip a few times, plus I had a few off-road rallies planned. But, the tax is due at the end of this month (January), and the insurance is due on the 18th Feb. This is is my 3rd car, so I just can't justify spending this much on it, as it's not needed at all.

Worst bits:
Both front wings have dents.
Passenger door has a crease.
Front and rear bumpers are scruffy.
Exhaust form cat back is still the 1.4 system, and is restricting power (RR'd at 119BHP)
Paint has faded a little on the drivers door and bonnet

Car has done 94k, engine has just clicked around to 85k. Engine runs very smooth, always starts and pulls very strongly. I have replaced the exhaust manifold gasket and a snapped stud (common on these engines, apparently), also new plugs and leads. I fitted a complete genuine cam belt and roller kit, and the water pump looked brand new. I've changed the oil 3 times since I've had it, and I filled it with Vauxhall pink anti-freeze when I put the engine in. It has the correct radiator and fan for the engine.
I had to buy a brand new titanium lambda sensor as this was missing, it cost me £80! I have appropriate cable to re-locate the battery to the boot area.

I'm in Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 area. Can be viewed and driven until the 18th Feb. After that the buyer will have to arrange insurance. There's a small chance I can get it delivered resonably close.

pics,

u2u me here or on mig,
or Astra Dan on mig.

[Edited on 26-01-2006 by benn]
MR2Mike

26th Jan 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stripped as fuck
Adam-D

27th Jan 06 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

price??
BYRON

27th Jan 06 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
price??

£550 iirc

I know this car well, and have been out in it. Its a weapon.
Corsa_Carl

27th Jan 06 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
price??

£550 iirc

I know this car well, and have been out in it. Its a weapon.

u cant complain for that kinda price
Benn

27th Jan 06 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep as said above,
£550 and shes yours,
Benn

27th Jan 06 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep as said above,
£550 and shes yours,
Benn

28th Jan 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hurry, tax runs out Tuesday, can be delivered any reasonable distance till then!
Benn

28th Jan 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 28-01-2006 by benn]
Benn

28th Jan 06 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Email: dan.silvester@lycos.co.uk
Benn

29th Jan 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up
Benn

1st Feb 06 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » No-Spec™ (Stripped Mk3 20XEV Astra) 25 database queries in 0.0120831 seconds