corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dash/clock bulbs.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dash/clock bulbs.....
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
27th Jan 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i have some white dials fitted and have blue leds in my clock. they are ok at 30 and 120mph but when the needlr gets to the top you cant see what speed you are doing

sure i read sumwhere someone had put extra bulbs in.
is this possibile
do i just drill a hole through the plastic and make sure it is on same strip as other bulb ?
Planty02

27th Jan 06 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would imagine that you could solder a peice of wire from an existing bulb to your new bulb for power etc - then just drill a hole wherever you want - not entirely sure tho

could test on an old set of clocks if u got some before doing this on ur final clocks
Rob_Corsa

27th Jan 06 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try some better led's. You want some with a flat tip so the beam is spread wider and not like a tourch.
a_j_mair

27th Jan 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think they do have a flat top
Rob_Corsa

29th Jan 06 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just fitted some with a flat tip and they aint perfect, as you say some bits still dont light up properly. Im thinking that they only way round will be to strip the unit and wire in an array of leds. Would be great if someone had pics or advice of a similar method.

Gonna give it a try next weekend.
a_j_mair

1st Feb 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking about sticking some tinfoil on the end of the flat leds to try and shed the light out the sides, dont no if this is a good or stupid idea
j0hn

1st Feb 06 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think grafixexpress's LEDs are wide angle, give him a u2u or email
Black Corsa SRi

1st Feb 06 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair

do i just drill a hole through the plastic and make sure it is on same strip as other bulb ?

dont know if i'm missunderstanding what your saying but just in case i'm not dont drill through the actual conductive track. Drill through a bit of the plastic and wire it in that way if you want to add extras in but it may not work, i'm not sure how the circuit is wired but it will prob light but it may mean as you have more bulbs consuming more power than the circuit was designed for it either wont be man enough full stop of all the bulbs will be very dull and you'll have the same prob anyway but on saying that if as in your case your using LEDs they hardly take an power to light em anyway so may be alright just try it first by wiring em in before you go drilling holes for em!
Rob_Corsa

4th Feb 06 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive currently got my dash apart at the side of me and without it being a complete bodge there is no way to wire in any more leds. Theres far too many tracks on back of the unit to allow space to drill and mount any new leds where extra light is needed. Im gonna revert back to my red bulbs as they looked better than blue led's.

Shame cos id got some bits ready to wire in a seperate dimmer switch for the dash lights.

As for overpowering the circuit, each LED takes a 1/3rd of the current that the original bulb takes so in theory you could have 10 LEDs in place of the 3 x 1W bulbs.

The red circls show original bulbs and yellow x's are where new leds need to go but cant due to tracks/modules.

[Edited on 04-02-2006 by Rob_Corsa]

New Poll