corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » XE manifolds

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE manifolds
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
4th Feb 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys. this could be the dumbest question ever but did i ever read on here that if u need a manifold for ur xe corsa b its better to buy one for a certain type of xe'd engined car as there is more clearance. i know all the xe engines r all the same, just thought i had read this n thought id check b4 i order one. as well wot performance manifolds do u guys recommend???
drunkenfool

4th Feb 06 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a 4-1 off ebay a while ago for the XE that was originally on an astra, and it does come pretty low to the ground. Not sure what options are available cos ive never looked into it, but yeah, clearance can be a problem (at least with mine!)
STEvieXE

4th Feb 06 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neone else, i thought i read that astra gte were the one to get??? might have maybe dreamt that one tho...
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

5th Feb 06 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was off a 92 cavvie gsi and mine sits really low
Ant

5th Feb 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are all pretty much the same I have a BTB one on mine, got it from v-tuning while they were doing some other engine work on mine, it didnt break the bank and is very nice!
STEvieXE

5th Feb 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it be best to go for 4-1 r 4-2-1???
SportBoy

5th Feb 06 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cav ones come out to the front of the car more before they drop down under the engine than the astra ones
ed

5th Feb 06 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you trying to do? There is no point in buying a new 4-2-1 as the standard one on there will have been designed with the optimum variables for the engine. If you want more power higher up the rev range a 4-1 will give you that, you will loose low end torque though... Also no point in getting one until you have done other mods to the engine.

I would just get a standard one, mine's off a Cav
STEvieXE

27th Feb 06 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

want a stainless one, thinkin of janspeed. so id be better with a 4-2-1 then??? engine is standard with full rebuild (everything new) with ported n polished head n filter n exhaust system

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » XE manifolds 23 database queries in 0.0144749 seconds