corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Swirl Marks

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Swirl Marks
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Feb 06 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i believ u get that becuase its still wet
dannycorsa c

27th Feb 06 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv had this happen. alot of it depends on the weather maggys is better in slightly warmer weather than we are having at the mo. make sure is dry before buffing. theres alot ofcondensation in the air this time of year.
Mase
Premium Member

27th Feb 06 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The last time i polished it, i polished the bonnet and then did drivers side, so it was probably left on there for about 20 minutes, so i'll prob have to leave it longer next time. Its a very good polish, its just hard work to get off, compared to this turtle wax stuff me dad uses....

Mase
Fad

27th Feb 06 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannycorsa c
meguires clay works a treat for glass finish paint

wash with maguires
magures clay block
paint renivator
gold class.

finish will be amazing

I wouldnt touch paint renovator on a black car will make the swirl marks worse especially if its a metalic. Also clay is good for cleaning the paint of oxidants not removing swirl marks.

If you were to go downthe megiars route I would:

Paint cleaner to remove all the old wax etc)
scratch X
stage 2 crystal polish
stage 3 cannuba wax
then just apply coats of gold class from time to time when washing

I dont think steve wants to be this Bufty though
Mase
Premium Member

27th Feb 06 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
iv had this happen. alot of it depends on the weather maggys is better in slightly warmer weather than we are having at the mo. make sure is dry before buffing. theres alot ofcondensation in the air this time of year.

oh right...i never thought about the moisture in the air.... cheers !!!

Mase
dannycorsa c

27th Feb 06 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mase5
quote:

oh right...i never thought about the moisture in the air.... cheers !!!

makes a big difference. if u have a warm garage available meguries comes off really easy
dannycorsa c

27th Feb 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
meguires clay works a treat for glass finish paint

wash with maguires
magures clay block
paint renivator
gold class.

finish will be amazing

I wouldnt touch paint renovator on a black car will make the swirl marks worse especially if its a metalic. Also clay is good for cleaning the paint of oxidants not removing swirl marks.

If you were to go downthe megiars route I would:

Paint cleaner to remove all the old wax etc)
scratch X
stage 2 crystal polish
stage 3 cannuba wax
then just apply coats of gold class from time to time when washing

I dont think steve wants to be this Bufty though

well spotted . iv not used renovator on my metalic car yet so i wont now. used it on my golf but that wasnt metalic
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Feb 06 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it to a bodyshop and get it mopped!
basically we use a machine polisher and a G-MOP head and sum G3 or G4 cutting compound that freshens up the paint and takes the thinest of layers of paint off, then get it waxed!
I wouldnt try it yourself because if u hit and edge you can go through to th ebare metal in seconds!
We charge £80 for a small car to be mopped and then another £20 for a wax so expect to pay around that for it all form a local bodyshop!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Swirl Marks 24 database queries in 0.0096879 seconds