corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steering rack replacement.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steering rack replacement.
Phil McGlassup

User status: Offline
6th Apr 06 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello,

Am I likely to hit many problems? I've got a 1700 n/a diesel - has anyone ever done this before? I'm converting to power steering.

Concerning the gear linkage, I believe mine is worn as the gear lever vibrates when the car is in neutral so would a secondhand one from a 1.0 or 1.2 or 1.4 petrol model still fit mine?

Cheers,

Phil.
Cossie

6th Apr 06 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i am going to do the same as you the Pas pump will be different you need to get a pump from diesel engine
Phil McGlassup

6th Apr 06 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,
All my parts (except the high pressure hose) came from a diesel so I'm assuming it will be astraightforward job!!
I'll take some pics for reference if I remember!!

Phil.
Cossie

6th Apr 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine are from petrol I think !!
Phil McGlassup

6th Apr 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gather, although I'm not entirely sure, that the PAS pump is the only difference!! My pump is driven by a V belt which runs on the extra groove on the crank pulley and an extra grooove on the alternator. I looked at the PAS pumps on the frontera etc and although some of them look identical on the outside, I've been told that they produce a higher pressure which will blow the seals on a corsa rack. I suppose they are designed to supply a greater pressure due to the heavier steering and vehicle weight of a 4x4

Up to now I've had to remove the radiator to get the hydraulic hoses fitted correctly and I've just removed the gear linkage.

Cheers,

Phil.

New Poll