corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » scam??????????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author scam??????????
aovertonwba

User status: Offline
12th Apr 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8 who is selling his car has today had a cheque come through the post for 7.5k for a 2nd hand fiesta fight!!!!!! he put his car on ebay and auto trader and has had emails saying "will you ship oversea's by lots of people and today got a cheque from a company for 7.5k they havent even seen the car or anythink, im sure i have read a post on here like that, does anyone know what the scam is?????
Joe

12th Apr 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know how it works but yes its a scam, I think the check bounces in the end once you have sent the car.
abdus

12th Apr 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ship to Nigeria?

How did the person who sent the cheque get the address? your friend must have replied to him giving all details or what?

Tell him to start by changing all his passwords and also don't try to cash the cheque i would say

Scam...definitely....

[Edited on 12-04-2006 by abdus]
ricky1989

13th Apr 06 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds about as risky as jumping off a brindge with out some rope or parachute..... its gonna hurt. basically i wouldnt touch the check, rip it up and put it in the bin. and write in the description ship within uk only!!!! play is simple..
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Apr 06 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send a turd in a box
Ry_B
Banned

13th Apr 06 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a blatant scam
stubbsy05

13th Apr 06 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the cheque down to cash converters and they can cash it instantly. Take the money and run!!

ps, not sure this would work

[Edited on 13-04-2006 by Alex.S]
abdus

13th Apr 06 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
Take the cheque down to cash converters and they can cash it instantly. Take the money and run!!

ps, not sure this would work

[Edited on 13-04-2006 by Alex.S]

fat_rew

13th Apr 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the way this works is they give you a cheque for way over the odds and ask you to ship the car and send some of the money back but in cash. Cheque appears to clear into your account, so you do this, then a number of weeks later cheque money is withdrawn from your acc as bank realises it is phoney, leaving you minus a car and minus a lot of cash.

DONT TOUCH WITH A BARGEPOLE! YOUVE BEEN WARNED!
Gavin_G

13th Apr 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

something to do with international cheques taking 2 weeks to clear as opposed to the normal 3-5 working days??
SAZ198

13th Apr 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My boyfriend was selling his beemer and had advertised it in the same places which you have. I was dealing with all the emails etc. Nearly everyone one was from people abroad who never spoke good english at all. He received a cheque for £10,000 or somthing like that as he was selling the car for £6,000. What the scam is, is you bank the cheque, your bank doesnt notice the cheque if fake and cashes the money, by this time you have forwarded the remainder of the cash onto the contact that the buyer has asked you too which is usally about £4,000 the bank then realises whats happend and takes the money back which leaves you £4,000 in debt as you have already paid this out. They aint instrested in the car just money laundering. I work in a solicitors so know what to watch out for with dodgey money etc. We took the cheque to the police at which time they informed us that its like a gang and they were based in London, as no money had exchanged they couldnt do anythign about it. Sorry for the long winded explination

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » scam?????????? 23 database queries in 0.0120239 seconds