corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Cheap 1.4 16v SRI with Alloys - needs some love. ALL OFFERS WELCOME!

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap 1.4 16v SRI with Alloys - needs some love. ALL OFFERS WELCOME!
Bonus

User status: Offline
   17th Apr 06 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The time has come to call the Corsa a day.

This car needs some work, so would either suit a conversation, or be used for parts. I am open to all real offers (Ie, if you have the money ready, I’ll consider it).

The car is based just west of Oxford.

The Car:
1995 1.4 16v SRI. (M reg)
Black, red strips.
Standard SRI black and coloured spot interior
106000 miles on car, 70,000 on engine (changed by Vaux at 30,000)
I've had the car last 4 years. Had 45000 on clock when I got it.

The extras:
Fitted with 16' Team Dynamics 'Mirage' alloys (195/45/16 I think) finished in high power silver. There are 5 rims all in. (one with no tyre).
Suspension, lowered 35mm on Sachs gas damper/spring set.
Magnex rear box, large oval.
Front Sparco strut brace
Lexus style rear lights.

Why so cheap? It needs some work...
Drivers side front wing needs replacing. I hit some road kill about a year ago, I replaced the headlight and bumper at the time, but never got around to doing the wing. Bonnet and all other panels appear 100% straight.

Engine management light has started to appear, but I don’t know why; it does not effect the drive at all. Once warm, when you pull up and let the car idle, light will appear after about 10 secs. It will then remain on for the rest of the drive, but car runs perfectly normally. Once car is turned off then back on, light does not come on again until it next sits and idles for 10 or so secs.

Wheels: As above car has 5 Team dynamics 'Mirage' finished in high power silver. 5th rim is a spare and has no tyre. Reason for the being replaced was because I curbed it badly. Although chewed up, the rim does not appear to have been damaged (drove fine on the front until I replaced it). The other 4 wheels also show the signs of having done some miles. Each has light scratching and curbing. The two tyres on the back are Yoko's and have plenty of tread on. The Yoko's on the front are worn slick and way past road legal. Originally these wheels cost £700+.

There is play in the steering column.

The big plus with this car is that its body work, (expect for the front wing) it is very clean. You have the usual stone chips on a car of this age, but there is no sign of rust on or around the wheel arches. The body its self looks good.

Its Taxed until the end of April, MOT until the 2nd week in May.

It still drives extremely well, and pulls nicely. I now haven’t driven it for about 6 weeks due to the front tyres so it has now sat for this time.

This car would suit an engine transplant, or someone who wants to split it for the wheels, interior or other parts.

I am open to any real offer. (Ie no timewasters please!) If you want to make me an offer, just tell me what it would be worth to you and we'll start from there.

I do have some pictures, inc front wing and each of the wheels, I can email these on, or will try and get hosted over the next few days.

Reason for sale? Its been a great much loved car, so I’ve hung on to it for far too long. I’ve got a replacement (company) car that I use now, so the time really has come to say good bye to the Corsa.

Please U2U, Email: tnuhsirhc@hotmail.com, or call me on 07795 298 898 for more info. My name is Chris.

ANY OFFERS WELCOME.

Additional - I have just seen a base price is required. Lets say offers around £400, but make me an offer!!

[Edited on 17-04-2006 by Bonus]
Bonus

17th Apr 06 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, just got some photos online.

Click here

Also number plate M62 SJM is inculded with the car. This its self is worth about £400 with most plate dealers

[Edited on 17-04-2006 by Bonus]
Bonus

17th Apr 06 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having just given it a clean, a few other things have come to mind...

Pros:
Full Titan alarm and Immobiliser. (alarm has anti high jacking option - locks doors when you start car)

Comes with 3/4 a tank of petrol!

All the wiring is in place for speakers/amps in back. This is all run under carpets, seats where all taken out when this was done.

Cons:
3 inch crack in wind screen

Oil leak from sump gasket. (97p for new one?)
artemis

17th Apr 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u decide to split id probably take the wheels, exhaust and bonnet if thats any good?!?!? say £100 and and the ECU give ya like £10 for that if ure splitting of corse but 1st dibs on the other stuff

[Edited on 17-04-2006 by artemis]
Bonus

17th Apr 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Artemis, but I'd prefer to sell it as a whole. I just need rid. I'd prefer to sell it as one cheap then split; even tho I know its worth plenty more by spliting!!

If you fancy having it off me and doing this, I'm more then happy.

Anyone need any more info, just leave a note on here, u2u, email or call.

Thanks

Chris
artemis

18th Apr 06 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does £200 sound?
Bonus

18th Apr 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Artemis, U2U sent
Bonus

19th Apr 06 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
Liam

19th Apr 06 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How far are you from staffordshire ??
Bonus

19th Apr 06 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Liam

Just put it into multimap; its about 100 miles from Stafford. About 2 hours.

That any good for you?
nigelnetzb

19th Apr 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'l give you £600 for it, all i can scrounge together atm!
Bonus

19th Apr 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U sent
Bonus

22nd Apr 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's gone!

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Cheap 1.4 16v SRI with Alloys - needs some love. ALL OFFERS WELCOME! 25 database queries in 0.0125561 seconds