corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » oil leaking, possible head gasket? help plz

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author oil leaking, possible head gasket? help plz
j7 gkk

User status: Offline
   30th May 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all i have a 1.4 16v 98 sport, only got it last week, but it has been leaking oil onto the exhaust, i have replaced the crank front oil seal but still the oil leak is there, i have been looking and it seems like it is comming from the head gasket at the front corner behind the thermostat housing, before i replace the head gasket has anyone had a similar problem and found it to be a different fault????

any help is appriciated
Greg_M

30th May 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it leaking from the head gasket then surprise surprise its the head gasket.

Has it been runing rough
vaux-tech

30th May 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, any starting problems? lack of compression poss? oil in the water? check coolant resevoir for mayo! common!
j7 gkk

30th May 06 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no creamy oil,no oil in water, cant tell if power is down becasue its been like it since i bought it, but its as fast as my mates sport and havent had any starting problems, but i dont know if it is 100% leaking from the head gasket, thats why i am asking before i start taking it to bits
Mase
Premium Member

30th May 06 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i got mine i had oil pissing out of the rocker cover gasket, which sometimes fell onto the exhaust, so could be that

Mase
mattievRS

30th May 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j7 gkk
hi all i have a 1.4 16v 98 sport, only got it last week, but it has been leaking oil onto the exhaust, i have replaced the crank front oil seal but still the oil leak is there, i have been looking and it seems like it is comming from the head gasket at the front corner behind the thermostat housing, before i replace the head gasket has anyone had a similar problem and found it to be a different fault????

any help is appriciated

Sounds like the rocker cover gasket.If you dont torque wrench the bolts up to the proper torque and in the correct order then it twists the rocker cover out of shape when it gets warm and then its fooked.use some gasket sealer on it and consult the haynes manual to the correct order of tightening of the head bolts mate.Should be job done then!!
j7 gkk

31st May 06 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx for that mate will try that b4 strippin the head down lol
kermit

1st Jun 06 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno where it is in the 1.4 16v but have you checked the oil pressure sensor?
i own a 1.0 12v and i have replaced mine twice!
j7 gkk

2nd Jun 06 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill try lookin for that mate

New Poll