corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car amp to power non car speakers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car amp to power non car speakers?
Melville

User status: Offline
   5th Jun 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok the scenario is this, Ive just gotten some rock speakers for my garden and I need an amp to power them. I cant afford one this month due to holiday and also dont really have space for the amp in my tiny little house Ive moved into.

I have a spare car amp kicking about which would be ideal to power the garden speakers and would be screwed onto the inside of a kitchen cabinet.

Obviously there is the signal wire to get around but thats just a voltage signal isnt it?

So will it work or would I be best off waiting to get a hifi amp? I wont be having them turned up loud at all so dont need anything powerfull.

[Edited on 05-06-2006 by Melville]
carnuts

5th Jun 06 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont work as far as i know car amps are 4 ohms and under and house speakers are 8 ohms as far as i know
flash22

5th Jun 06 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as above really those rock speakers can be 16 ohm depends where you got them form have a look on flea bay for a cheap indoor amp

New Poll