corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tinted front windows

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tinted front windows
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 06 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the story?

are they illegal completely or not

my bro has them on his bmw and they are really dark but never gets stopped
N90ATH

22nd Jun 06 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there should be a mark on the windows thinks its s2 or some thing taht emans they are tinted to there legal limted by the manufacture, if there is no mark in theroy u can have them tinted but most ppl get told to tkae them off
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but are they illegal?

i heard that if the let through a certain amount of light they were ok
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see the difference with driving with sunglasses
Corsa_SeXi

22nd Jun 06 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you wear sunglasses at nite?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes because im blind
dna23

22nd Jun 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VOSA Window Tint .pdf

quote:
The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be
transmitted through them.

If the glass is tinted to a point whereby it lets through less light, then the vehicle does not meet legal requirements.
MR2Mike

22nd Jun 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you never go to southport cruise youll be fine
corsa.v6

22nd Jun 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get straight to the point

there illegal end of
if there tinted to the legal requirement at the front they look proper gash and so does the rest of the car when its done darker

do what everyone else does risk it well worth every penny £60/£30 forgot which one fine and 3 points

its good when you have to stand at the side of the road or at a cruise and peel the tints off what youve just payed £250 for them

the world today they will ban sun glasses next for them being to dark there will be a legal tint for the glasses
Ry_B
Banned

22nd Jun 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any tint on the front is illegal, wether you get pulled or not is a different story, end of topic
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ry_B
Any tint on the front is illegal, wether you get pulled or not is a different story, end of topic

that ain't true ry, as dna has just shown if they let 70% light through then they're fine
Ry_B
Banned

22nd Jun 06 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is true though, another forum I visit various people have been pulled and fined for having tints on the front windows
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless the police who pulled them used a light gun thingy and it didn't let in 70% light, they have been conned
andy1868

22nd Jun 06 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa

i've been there when the police have made people pull tints off. they ride round on a quad ducking and diving between cars so you can't see them. however one of the policeman is my brother's mates dad so our little group tend to get away with things. but i have found merseyside police to be more harsh than lancashire so i'd watch yourself down there

Andy
DarkBahamut

22nd Jun 06 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
unless the police who pulled them used a light gun thingy and it didn't let in 70% light, they have been conned

They have. As noted in the PDF, as long as the (front) side windows have 70% min light transmission and the windscreen has 75% they are legal.

Hell, even the windscreen in my moms Rover 25 has a factory tint on it. Not dark no, but its around 75-80% transmission and its clearly not a 'clear' screen (no pun intended).

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by DarkBahamut]

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by DarkBahamut]
MR2Mike

23rd Jun 06 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa

i've been there when the police have made people pull tints off. they ride round on a quad ducking and diving between cars so you can't see them. however one of the policeman is my brother's mates dad so our little group tend to get away with things. but i have found merseyside police to be more harsh than lancashire so i'd watch yourself down there

Andy

yep they are a pain at southport cruise. i just wouldnt bother with front tints myself. well i live in lancashire at the moment, but im going back to wigan again soon. ever since weve moved closer towards liverpool end (not meant to be a personal or racist comment)... vandalism has increased by a hell of a lot, and ive had enough of it tbh. (paying for other peoples damage)
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Jun 06 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right well im gettin them done then

cheers for the help gonna make sure they are legally tinted
Voyto

23rd Jun 06 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ry_B
It is true though, another forum I visit various people have been pulled and fined for having tints on the front windows

this is usually the case as most vehicles come with tinted glass from the factory, therefore any tint over that puts them over the legel limit
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Jun 06 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are all tinted and the fronts have been tested by VOSA and allowed the whole of 18.6% light through,

Normal corsa windows was nearly 80% light and mine is Medium Smoke tint on the fronts!

There is a legal tint, but to be honest when I had it up against the window it was not worth paying to have put on!

Get a spare set of windows, swap them over if you get caught out, then swap them back.

The police can't make you tear your tints of at the side of the road give you 10days to get them out!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tinted front windows 24 database queries in 0.0146780 seconds