corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Whats wrong with it (X12XE)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats wrong with it (X12XE)
mwg

User status: Offline
   26th Jun 06 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few engine problems at the moment that I cant work out. Not sure if they are all down to one thing or whether its a combination of bits that are wrong:

- Theres a slight judder then the EML comes on after I've been on the motorway for about 20 mins. After this it will sometimes lose power but sometimes it will run fine. Either way EML will keep coming on
- Sometimes pinks (makes no difference if engine is hot or cold)
- Mechanic that serviced it for me said he thinks its got a misfire
- Sometimes when setting off from traffic lights it will feel like its bogging down and kangaroo like a learner driver (makes no difference if engine is hot or just been started)

Tech 2 brings up o2 sensor which I have had replaced but still comes up on Tech 2.

Also had crankshaft sensor, AFM, ICV and another one I cant remember

Some days it runs fine and have none of these problems.

So how the hell do I find out whats wrong with it? and how do I stop the pinking/misfire

MPG is still good and it ticks over ok. And some days it runs spot on, cant fault it, but 90% of the time it has these problems
Rileysport

26th Jun 06 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried another ecu on there yet ???
mwg

26th Jun 06 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't an ECU going to cost me alot of money? And what makes you think its the ECU
Rileysport

26th Jun 06 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try borrow one first...

i reckon ecu because you replaced bits that were showing fault codes but its still showing them
mwg

26th Jun 06 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it easy to change the ECU? Does it just unplug?

Bro has an X12XE so will try to borrow his ECU. But hes never at home so slim chance of being able to do it!
Joe

26th Jun 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ECU is on the engine on the X12XE, chances of it being the ECU itself are pretty slim. Have you replaced all the parts with brand new replacements? Could be EGR valve?
mwg

26th Jun 06 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the ECU was behind the kick panel on the drivers side? There was something that looked like an ECU down there last time I had that panel off.

Yeah all parts have been brand new replacements. Did have a 2nd hand AFM but thought that was maybe the problem so bought a brand new one and not made a difference.

EGR was one of the things I was going to try but was wondering if that would cause all of the problems my car has? Like the pinking/misfire?
Joe

26th Jun 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is one in the kick panel, but im pretty certain theres one on the back of the engine itself. Someone correct me if im wrong.

My cars been idling a bit funny and the computer at work says its EGR.

My GF's has been bogging down when cold and a flat spot at 4,000rpm which mine used to do which turned out to be the AFM, her management light came on the other day and the computer said O2 sensor which mine did when the AFM was at fault. So they do sometimes throw up rogue codes, as hers has been fine since I changed the AFM and just left the o2 sensor.
timmy101

26th Jun 06 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the exact same problem and spent loads on new sensors. however mind sorted it self out when i unpluged the afm. the eml is on but it ran fine. it might be worth unpulging the sensor first just to see
X 60RSA

26th Jun 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EPS ECU is behind the drivers kick panel.

The coil packs can go on these engines iirc.......

Coil pack and EGR prob worth looking into, maybe swopping over with a mate who has the same engine just to see??

(and when you put these new parts on do you disconnect your battery, might not make the slightest bit of difference but another problem ironed out, plus should clear the fault)

[Edited on 26-06-2006 by X 60RSA]
vaux-tech

26th Jun 06 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

egr problem maybe, u need to check the datalist on vauxhall's tech2 diagnostic equipment
mwg

26th Jun 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux-tech
egr problem maybe, u need to check the datalist on vauxhall's tech2 diagnostic equipment

what do you mean check the datalist?

Is the EGR valve a bugger to change or is it easy to get to?
Need to buy a Haynes Manual I think, only got a Haynes Manual for the pre 97 models (used to have pre 97 Corsa) and that doesn't cover the X12XE
Joe

26th Jun 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not hard but its quite fiddly, couple of the bolts are in stupid places plus cooland goes through the EGR so you'll have that to contend with aswell.
mwg

26th Jun 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've ordered a new Haynes Manual so I'll give it a go! Be cool if EGR is the source of all the problems but knowing this engine it wont be

New Poll