corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Whats the best Game you've ever been to?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats the best Game you've ever been to?
Ben J

User status: Offline
1st Dec 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Arsenal XI 2-1 Ajax XI - Dennis Bergkamp Testimonial

A match for a legend attended by some unbelievably quality players from the past ie Vieira, Overmars, Wrighty () etc.

I was there too!!!!
JonnyJ

1st Dec 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id now like to add to mine:

York 3-2 Crewe:

2-1 down with 5 mins left, goal from Richard Paquette in the 87min and then Brodie with an amazing run and finish in the 89th, place went fucking mental, i remember been up on the on of the crash barriers

York 1-0 Luton & Luton 0-1 York:

Probably the biggest set of games i had been to (before the final) atmosphere at both games was electric. I remember been unbelivably nervous before both of them. In the home leg we were under pressure for long periods of time, was happy just to hold onto a draw against what had previously been a free scoring Luton side. Then out of nowherea punt upfield from our keeper, Ingham was flicked on by Rankine, the Luton defender misjudged his header, Brodie gambled and was clean through on goal. It was like an out of body experience when it went in. I've never hugged so many random people.
Same for the away leg, the entire bus was silent as we set off from Newport Pagnell to Luton, just too nervous to even talk. Again was under pressure for much of the game but dealt with it well. Then Carruthers tapped in a rebound from a Ranks free kick and again it went totally mental.
Two games where we were massive underdogs and produced a perfect display in both, more so in the away leg. Cant believe we fucked up the final after those.

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by JonnyJ]
Jamie Walby

1st Dec 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
@ Liar Da Silva.

Man United 7-1 Blackburn Rovers
Man United 3-1 Man City

Been to MoWGli, not watched at home.
mwg

1st Dec 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been to both of those
Nath

1st Dec 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Luton 3-5 Liverpool

Same answer as before tbh.
JonnyJ

1st Dec 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Luton 3-5 Liverpool

Not even the JPT make it in? Was a pretty good game that one.
Nath

1st Dec 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
quote:
Luton 3-5 Liverpool

Not even the JPT make it in? Was a pretty good game that one.

Yeah that's second I reckon. But beating then CL holders Liverpool 3-1 at half time was just epic.
smcGSI16V

1st Dec 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best game for me was when I went and watched Pompey beat the Reading scum 7-4 in 2007.

Tommy L

1st Dec 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
@ Liar Da Silva.

It's so fucked up
charcoalgrill

1st Dec 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cardiff 2 - 1 Swansea last season, game itself wasnt end to end, but great end to a game.

Worst game by far- Bristol Rovers 0- Brentford 0
cavmad

1st Dec 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chester 3 Leeds Utd 0 in 1974/5. It was the quarter finals of the League Cup iirc, Leeds were doing well in the old 1st division and we absolutely battered them. Significantly it was also the first time in Billy Bremner's career that he got substituted.
The feeling at the end of the game was just absolutely unreal, it wasn't just the fact we beat them, it wasn't just the fact we hammered them, it wasn't even just the fact we were a two bob shitty 4th division side who weren't given a cat in hells chance of winning. It was a combination of so many things and the high lasted for months. We had Villa home and away in the semis, eventually losing by one goal in the away leg.

Wr*xh*m 2 Chester City 2, Valentines Day, 1995.

Fucking awesome game.
We were 2-1 down at half time to the fucking unwashed, job dodging Taffy tramps and we had a player sent off in the 43rd minute and another in the 44th (I think) and staring down both barrels of a fucking good beating on the pitch.
Then in the second half, against all the odds Andy Milner scored an absolute fucking blinder of a goal and it ended 2-2.
I swear to God it was worth going just to see the faces on the Wr*xh*m fans when we scored our equaliser and again at the end.
We didn't see that as a draw, we saw it is a victory and even the web toed cunts from across the border thought the same.

It might not be fashionable or glamorous following local teams in shit leagues but every dog has his day, and when those days come you'll always remember them.
JonnyJ

1st Dec 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavmad
It might not be fashionable or glamorous following local teams in shit leagues but every dog has his day, and when those days come you'll always remember them.

Indeed
Robbo

25th Feb 11 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
best game for me this year was beating chelsea 2-1 and comming from 2-0 down to beat west ham 4-3
still banned topshot?
cavmad

25th Feb 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some others:

Beating those twats Preston Knob End at home a good few years back. The fucking Blackpool wannabes had gate crashed the ground and climbed on my moped to get in so it was extra specially nice to beat them

Beating Forest 3-0 in some shit cup or other a few years back was good, ditto taking a fucking huge crowd to Blackburn Rovers and the kick off being delayed due to that, Spurs away in an evening game and Chester taking their pub over, and the Hereford away match the season we';d got promoted back to the league was just unreal. It was the last away of the season and we got completely and utterly pissed beyond belief long before the train got in to the cheese rolling hillbilly's little village, never mind after the game.

[Edited on 25-02-2011 by cavmad]
stuartmitchell

25th Feb 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hearts 4 Hibs 4

Hearts 2 goals down with 1 minute to play and we scored 2 and got it right up those hibs cunts
MJFF88

25th Feb 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Palace V Stockport to stay up on the last day of the season with a last minute Freedman goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXocmIHoVXM

Palace V West Ham Play off final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJGnBqqmhg

Palace V Sheff Wed to stay up on last day of last season and sending Sheffield Wednesday down. No bigger match than that & such a horrible game. Until the 95th minute when it fast became the best day to be a Palace fan in quite some time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs-7Kv5Fy0M

[Edited on 25-02-2011 by MJFF88]
antscorsa

26th Feb 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Millwall vs Swindon last year at Wembley, so nice to finally see Millwall win something, atmosphere was electric and all day drinking with family and friends made for a great day
Rob C

26th Feb 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

champs league final in 99 beating bayern in the last minute!
Rickavo

28th Feb 11 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United knocking the blue nose bastards out of the carling cup last year for me, atmosphere was brilliant

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Whats the best Game you've ever been to? 24 database queries in 0.0101869 seconds