corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Traffic cop getting let off for mad speeds

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Traffic cop getting let off for mad speeds
trickshot2005

User status: Offline
28th Aug 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone,

I was reading the paper over the weekend and i came across this article in the paper about a taffic cop that got caught for doing 159mph in a vauxhall vectra GSI on the M54. And the funny thing is that finally after 3yrs of dodging justice he was found guilty but his sentence was a absolute f**king discharge as he suffered enough. If i was driving at that speed i would more likely to end up facing jail, unlimited fines and life bans. And like people keep saying that there is one law to the cops and another for ordinary people. In a statement he quoted " I was advised to familarise myself with vehicles" but not at that killer speed if he wanted to do that sort of speed to test handling and performance like that he should have went on some private track or whatever.

any opinions would be great

p.s I'm not ranting on about coppers so don't worry
Butler

28th Aug 06 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone on this site seems to speed anyway, and im sure those people would be happy if it were you getting let off
trickshot2005

28th Aug 06 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm maybe to an extent.
dannymccann

28th Aug 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe to an extent he was alright - being a grade 1 driver, in a car with numerous safety features and driving at a time when there were minimum people about. whats the point in having police chasing in these cars when they dont know what they handle like over the NSL???

on the other hand, 159mph is unlikely to be needed to catch anybody and it was intolerably fast and you could argue in a ''normal'' chase you wouldnt be able to get to that speed due to traffic etc.

My opinion is he should have faced some sort of penalty, maybe a huge fine / loads of points / have to take his training again something like that but due to the nature of his job i thought he had a leg to stand on

P.S. ive put the flame proof suit on just in case lol

Dan
dannymccann

28th Aug 06 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not a copper either, infact i hate speed cameras, GATSO's, mobile vans, and undercover vehicles
trickshot2005

28th Aug 06 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
im not a copper either, infact i hate speed cameras, GATSO's, mobile vans, and undercover vehicles

i agree with you there mate
Steve
Premium Member

28th Aug 06 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv seen the vids i was surprised at actually how many cars there were about when he was speeding.

he was also doing 70-90 in a 50 and 60+ in a 30 not just the speeding on the motorway
James_DT

28th Aug 06 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann

But if you're not doing anything illegal, you have no reason to worry about any of those.
ed

28th Aug 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Motorway speeding is one thing in this case, but 30 zones are there for a reason. It's a bit disgraceful really.
trickshot2005

28th Aug 06 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
iv seen the vids i was surprised at actually how many cars there were about when he was speeding.

he was also doing 70-90 in a 50 and 60+ in a 30 not just the speeding on the motorway

oh i forgot to put that in as well nowadays the justice system is pretty f**ked up at the moment and nothing is ever going to be resolved
TNM

28th Aug 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trickshot there is a 5 page thread from last week in off day, and about ten other threads all relating to it.
dannymccann

28th Aug 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also forgot about the speeding in the other limits, kinda throws my argument out the window
JadeM
Premium Member

28th Aug 06 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most people on here will test a new car on the puplic road to its limits.....ive seen the vids ffs

I think loosing his job is enough punishment...if too much!
trickshot2005

28th Aug 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
most people on here will test a new car on the puplic road to its limits.....ive seen the vids ffs

I think loosing his job is enough punishment...if too much!

lol point taken

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Traffic cop getting let off for mad speeds 23 database queries in 0.0295200 seconds