corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Carbon Canister.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carbon Canister.
ed

User status: Offline
31st Aug 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My carbon canister in th o/s wing is sitting on a very rotten bracket. I think that the bracket needs renewal or some Hammerit treatment. Can it be removed without taking the wing off?

Also, there is a small vacuum pipe coming out of it, it goes no where on my car though The pipe is the same stuff that goes into the fuel pressure regulator. Any dieas what it does and where it goes? Does it need to go into one of the slots on the throttle body like the FPR pipe?
Marc

31st Aug 06 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The carbon canister I removed from my car had pipes that went back in to the inlet. I know its a differant engine, but is it not re routed somewhere? I ended up putting a breather filter on the end of it.
ed

31st Aug 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were they the really thin ones that went to the inlet. I removed a lot of little pipes which did nothing with the 2.0 in place. There is just this little chap left. The pipes are certainly too small to put a filter on.
Marc

31st Aug 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were quite thin pipes yeah, about 6-8mm. One was big enough for the filter though.
Ditch

1st Sep 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

useless piece of junk... throw it in the bin and vent any breathers to atmosphere.
Cybermonkey

1st Sep 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as rich said ^ vapour return pipes just lead back into the inlet. waste of space IMO. just another "green" product thats been put on the car to please treehuggers
ed

1st Sep 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought that was the case. It's not been atatched to anything previously with no problems, so I can't see it being any different if I rip the pipe off and forget about it

Or do you mean the whole canister?
Marc

1st Sep 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take out the canistor and re reoute the pipes, either down to the road or through a filter.

New Poll