corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personalised plate changes?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Personalised plate changes?
DarkBahamut

User status: Offline
6th Oct 06 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have the rules for personalised number plates changed recently? When i just did a search on the plate i want to buy sometime it seems different. It was a standard prefix type plate, a D reg (of course) and before you could pick 1 - 999 as the number. Now it only goes up to 20 .

Also the reg i wanted is now listed as being unavailable (it was available before, about 2 months ago) and i checked and it hasnt been registered to a car either

[Edited on 06-10-2006 by DarkBahamut]
mwg

6th Oct 06 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what plate are you after?
Rob H

6th Oct 06 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some reason the DVLA will only sell you numbers 1-30, then the rest are a select few. If you want it, you have to email them and request for it. They then put the reg in an auction "in the future" but i think it way take forever to come through. I've been waiting since April
Daimo B

6th Oct 06 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this issue nearly. I waited like 5 years for the D registration plates to come out (all other letters around it were already out).

Plates only go up to 30 (or 40), after that, the plates are on normal road cars (sure its 40+).

The reason I couldn't get D41MO B as its already out there somewhere on a standard car. So i opted for plain D4MO B.

As Rob said, otherwise it'll be on auction and you need to fight to get it. I spent 5 hours on redial engaged redial engaged redial engaged redial engaged.... UNtil i go through and got it
Jason Iles

6th Oct 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found my by pure dumb luck and bought it straight away

However Y100 RSA I looked on the DVLA and was availible?? must be a recent change
DarkBahamut

6th Oct 06 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plate i was after was D4 RKB. It was available but now it isnt, but checking the reg doesnt show it as being on a car.
Jason Iles

6th Oct 06 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DarkBahamut
The plate i was after was D4 RKB. It was available but now it isnt, but checking the reg doesnt show it as being on a car.

Could have been bought but not on the DVLA system yet?
Rob H

6th Oct 06 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or bought and on retention more likely

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personalised plate changes? 23 database queries in 0.0077059 seconds