corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone workign with car insurance i need some info please ? re NCB

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone workign with car insurance i need some info please ? re NCB
waynep

User status: Offline
12th Oct 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ill try keep this breif. i have been driving 2 and a bit years, and during which time had no accidents nothing, there fore earing 2years NCB, but last month i had to make a claim as i crash my car (no other car hit or damaged) so does this mean i have been reset back to 0 .. even tho i have had 2 years without a claim ?

before you rush into it and say YES you have no years etc, the letter i got from my insurance after accident says i still have two years NCB and also the new insurers website will still let me type 2 years and then let me add an accident to it :S its a touchy subject, if any one has a definate 10000% answer please enlighten me

Robin
Premium Member

12th Oct 06 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you have protected no claims, it will go back to zero.
carnoisseurcraig

12th Oct 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
unless you have protected no claims, it will go back to zero.

in a nutshell mate.

You obviously had it protected, thats covers comes at extra cost but luckily for you it was cash well spent
John

12th Oct 06 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a letter from the insurance company saying you have 2 years no claims you have 2 years no claims.
waynep

12th Oct 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well , i dont remember paying to protect it, but if it says so on this letter i got the other day than they couldnt of made a mistake surley ? ?

and some insurance companies wont let you protect it if its under 3years ?

[Edited on 12-10-2006 by waynep]
mav

12th Oct 06 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do NOT automatically lose all your no claims...I had 2 years taken from my 5 years when I had an accident years ago..

Also my car got broken into and I made a claim and it was full piant job down one side and door / stereo and only removed 1 year of my no claims.

But you would see some reduction say 20- or 2-1 etc..

you might be lucky though...
John

13th Oct 06 at 05:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If you have a letter from the insurance company saying you have 2 years no claims you have 2 years no claims.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone workign with car insurance i need some info please ? re NCB 23 database queries in 0.0101418 seconds