corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra GSi vs Leon Cupra R

Poll: Astra GSi vs Leon Cupra R
  Astra
  LCR

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra GSi vs Leon Cupra R
Gez G

User status: Offline
26th Oct 06 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like both, Astras and LCRs, obviously I made my choice when I bought my Gsi. In scotland Gsis are a lot rarer and LCRs real common.
LCR has brembos but astras have 308mm front discs and 264mm rears.
Wrighty

26th Oct 06 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

silver astra gsiiiii

want one next..
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 06 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos is that god awful ka
Ojc

26th Oct 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rachel needs to get those lights and some Eibach springs, that looks good Gez.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 06 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats different about the lights?
Wrighty

26th Oct 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jewel rears

red/white/white/red

not standard

red/orange/white/red

cant find any for the coupe
Joe

26th Oct 06 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are'nt Coupe lights the same as normal Astra lights anyway?
Fad

26th Oct 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra R much better all round car (from being in one) and driving an Astra GSi

Due to being in the market for a car I managed to wangle a drive in a GSi Astra owned by a friend (I also drove one three years ago when they were new and was in awe of it)

Have to say was quite disapointed interior felt cheap (just dont like the centre console) seats were nice though and it just felt nippy and didnt like to be chucked around.

Been in a Cupra R and it was lovley, nice dash, better sepc, felt quick and felt like an overal better car...I still need to drive one though (Corb!!)

If your going up for a Corsa your going to think the Astra is blinding but go to an Astra GSi from anything else and its not the same.

Dont get me wrong its not a rubish car but in this instance the Cupra R hands down for me.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 06 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand the issue with people saying somethings a better car just because they own it, if someone say said to me a leon cupra (like mine) or an audi s3 i would quite happily say the s3 is a better car

[Edited on 26-10-2006 by Steve]
Jambo

26th Oct 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone is deifferent steve and defining what is "better" is down to individual preferances and needs.

The Astra could be the greatest car in the world but if it looked like a yugo no one would buy it.

I like both, if it were my money which next year i am planning on spending on such, i would take the astra. It suits me better than a leon ever could. and ive been in both!

Like the leon, its a great car. Looks alot more agggresive than the astra, but the interior doesnt do it for me, neither do 5 doors or the fact im a vaux nut at heart and its not a vuaxhall.
Jambo

26th Oct 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crap pic but my mates leon:

And i dont understand why there has to be this better than nonsense about cars and stuff, if your a car enthusiast then you like all cars that are good surely?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 06 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but it is a better car, built with better components etc, speed and looks aside, that is fact, but also why they cost more

an audi a6 tdi looks worse and is slower in my eyes but its still a better car than mine

Jambo

26th Oct 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in real world terms there would be nob all in it, build quality id say you could argue that, but tbh i dont really see the leon as any real advance over the astra plastics?
Jambo

26th Oct 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(oh and if speed were what defined it as a better car, id buy neither if that was what i was after)
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 06 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plastics, that fact it has brembo brakes, better intercooling system, just everything about it is slightly "better" than the astra, not much just a bit

i like the astra gsi, and if i owned an astra gsi i probably would say the leon was slightly better, but cost reflects this

Joe

26th Oct 06 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree the Leon does'nt feel any better built or less cheap than the Astra imo, I actually think the Astra feels better built. But the dash is just very bland.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra GSi vs Leon Cupra R 23 database queries in 0.0143731 seconds