corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would you do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what would you do?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Dec 06 at 03:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has developed a knocking, from the steering rack area, which apparently is a common fault...

Going to take it to vauxhall as soon as I can, but if it's the rack, it'll be about £800 to sort out, and still might not cure it.

So, I'm a bit unsure what to do if it does come to that

I can't really afford £800+, and possibly more, but then, I don't know if the car would be sellable knowing the fault was there?

Obviously I don't know that's definitely the problem yet, but it seems likely, and I'm preparing myself for the worst.

What should I do?
Ste L

9th Dec 06 at 03:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not got any mates to check it out to give a second oppinion..

thats what i do, got two mates who working in garages, always asking them for advise etc
Robin
Premium Member

9th Dec 06 at 03:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna have a look at it tomorrow, see if anything is loose, and then take it to vauxhall, in the hope that I still have warranty on it.

New rack is £300 trade apparently
Ste L

9th Dec 06 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£300's a bit better than £800, but still not a small figure

if i was spending that, i'd defo want to make sure its that, and not something else
Robin
Premium Member

9th Dec 06 at 03:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, me too that'd annoy me slightly if it didn't fix it.

there's a list of things it could be, going on some posts on corsa-c.co.uk

rack
steering column
ARB drop link ball joints
bottom ball joints
bottom arm bushes
TCAs

and all the symptoms are pretty similar so the only real way of knowing is to get them done and hope

if vauxhall tell me its the rack, and I have to pay, I'll be selling.
corsa-sxi

9th Dec 06 at 03:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well last time i rang up for a rack i think it was around the £300 mark, same with column, but the labour charges is what knocks them up in price, so cheaper if u fit them, but id double check to see its those,
corsa-sxi

9th Dec 06 at 03:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and it depends how nice ur dealership is..because my rack was on it ways out so i was told but its still fine, but they wouldnbt do it under warranty cos my 17's and lowering contributed to the wear of the rack..what a load of bull, how can they say that when they sell 17's and lowering springs for a corsa from their brochure....still cudnt get it thru to them, but ive heard some dealerships are ok over this

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would you do? 23 database queries in 0.0105820 seconds