corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » momo steering wheels...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author momo steering wheels...
Cupra Steve
Banned

User status: Offline
20th Dec 06 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i have been let down by my mate as he is refusing to take £40 for my old steering wheel and i'm refusing to give him more as thats what i let him have it for along with the boss!

i've looked into new ones but have 2 question's that halfords couldn't help me with!!!!

momo only list the 106 without an airbag, does this mean no airbag as standard???? as obviously once i fit the momo steering will it won't have one!!!!! And does this mean it will not suit my car as mine has an airbag?????

Plus i've been told that it won't pass an mot without an airbag??? is this true or is it only true if the airbag light is permently on???? As i have a solution for that.
Robin
Premium Member

20th Dec 06 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the steering column might be different, so it may not fit.

you'd be better asking on a pug forum, I doubt if anyone on here will actually know.
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know but i really can't be arsed to sign up as they all seem pretty shit!!!!
Gez G

20th Dec 06 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Corsa B was a 99 SXI so came with an airbag, bought Momo wheel and non airbag boss kit, passed 2 MOTs like that.

Did take the airbag warning bulb out on the dash though.
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i've been told to wire it into my ignition (it think) so it will still flash up when i turn on the ignition but go out when i turn the engine on.
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lights not a problem, it's more if it will fit!!!

oh it's a 106 gti. i know i should ask on a pug forum but all the ones i have browsed on there has been about 3 users online!!!!!!!!!!!
Robin
Premium Member

20th Dec 06 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you'll have to wait for an answer, but at least you'll get a definitive one.

Personally, I'd say it would fit, and the 'no airbag' bit, is because they often say that so people don't buy them and then the car fails an MOT.

Although, I don't know for sure.
J100RSA

20th Dec 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air bag dose not come in to mot ar all
Gez G

20th Dec 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I was meaning was, I dont think there was an airbag boss available for the corsa so I got the non airbag one which fitted fine.

Appreciate this is a 106 though and being French it may be different.
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
So you'll have to wait for an answer, but at least you'll get a definitive one.

Personally, I'd say it would fit, and the 'no airbag' bit, is because they often say that so people don't buy them and then the car fails an MOT.

Although, I don't know for sure.

thats what i was thinking. nah, i can't be arsed to be a newbie again.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Dec 06 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will just mean you have to remove the airbag but is a stupid thing to do imo as the airbag is there for your benefit.

if you do take it out you will get the airbag light on, usually you can just take the bulb out from the behind the dash
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
it will just mean you have to remove the airbag but is a stupid thing to do imo as the airbag is there for your benefit.

if you do take it out you will get the airbag light on, usually you can just take the bulb out from the behind the dash

yeah but i want to impress the 14 yr olds outside mcdonalds and i think a momo wheel will atleast get me a blow job.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Dec 06 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed, like i sadi you will need to remove the bulb but its an easy job
Robin
Premium Member

20th Dec 06 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:

yeah but i want to impress the 14 yr olds outside mcdonalds and i think a momo wheel will atleast get me a blow job.

Banned
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
indeed, like i sadi you will need to remove the bulb but its an easy job

piss take a side, do you think a non airbag boss kit will fit??? do you think a series 1 boss will fit a series 2???
Cupra Steve
Banned

20th Dec 06 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:

Banned

all i want is a bj
Steve
Premium Member

20th Dec 06 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unsure but i have seen momo steering wheels in s2's so i guess so

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » momo steering wheels... 23 database queries in 0.0125511 seconds