corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The non Kneejerk reaction report that makes me feel a bit better

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The non Kneejerk reaction report that makes me feel a bit better
jr

User status: Offline
1st Jan 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vinny 01 Jan 2007

Reading 6 West Ham United 0

Its going to be hard to write a detailed match report for this game so apologies if it turns into ramblings about our season and our problems, because this was one of (if not the) worst performances West Ham have ever put in.

Relegation is looking more and more likely and with performances like this its not hard to see why.

I’m not having this claim that these players are just average championship players who had a fluky season. That is a cop out - these players are premiership players who are all for some reason performing very badly (and that’s putting it mildly). The team is rotten at the core and there has been something other than football that has set this all in motion.

I’m also not having the idiots that are blaming Alan Curbishley. There the same ones who bleat for Carlos Tevez continually. He will not magically turn us into a good team. Let’s get real here, this team is rotten at the core with problems lying deeper than just football. Something has obviously gone on at the club off the pitch whilst Alan Pardew was in charge, and just over two weeks is not enough time to judge Alan Curbishley. I will judge him in May when we see if he keeps us up or not.

The team was changed from the one which started against Manchester City. Paul Konchesky was back from suspension and came back into the team at left back replacing Jonathan Spector who dropped to the bench. Matthew Etherington was ill and replaced by the returning Nigel Reo Coker. This saw Benayoun go to the left with Lee Bowyer on the right hand side. Up front Bobby Zamora came back into the team replacing Teddy Sheringham who was not even in the sixteen. Zamora partnered Harewood up front.

The first ten minutes weren’t all that bad, and we should have opened the scoring when Lee Bowyer was played through but he didn’t connect well with a left foot shot and it just bobbled into the keeper’s hands. That finish was typical of Lee Bowyer - his finishing this season at vital moments has been awful and although this wasn’t as bad as his misses against Liverpool, Sheffield United or Everton, it was still one which he could have done better with.

After that the game would just go on to be an embarrassing encounter where Reading absolutely ripped us apart.

The first goal came after a foul from Gabbidon on the right hand side. The free kick was whipped in by Shorey and Gunnarsson rose above Gabbidon to head past Green who could do nothing but watch it go past him.

The heads dropped completely and within a few minutes Reading found themselves 2-0 with the game all but finished. This was probably the worst goal we conceded with Glen Little picking out Steve Sidwell who ghosted past our players to cross the ball for an unmarked Hunt to easily head past Green.

Shortly after that goal Lee Bowyer picked up an injury and was taken off to be replaced by Shaun Newton who was making his first appearance since being banned for taking cocaine. I think a lot of the fans would have preferred to see Tevez come on and Harewood go to the right as we were two down after all, but none of that was to matter when another defensive mess cost us another goal.

Once again it was a set piece, once again it was Shorey with the free kick but this time it was Anton Ferdinand who nodded it past Green to score an own goal and put us three down.

With ten minutes remaining till half time, Reading were not to let up as they scored a fourth. Shorey ran past Konchesky, Mullins and Gabbidon, played the ball through to Harper who crossed for Doyle to score his first of the day.

Half time, 4-0 down. What more can I say about that first half?

Alan Curbishley made one change at half time, taking off Marlon Harewood and replacing him with Jonathan Spector. This wound a few people up and it seems everyone needs there Carlos Tevez fix.

Zamora would lead the line up front on his own as we continued to offer nothing throughout the entire second half.

The West Ham fans started singing “We Are West Ham’s Claret & Blue Army” as it seems most have lost faith with Alan Curbishley. Our fans have never been the brightest bunch.

5-0 came within ten minutes of the restart, with Sidwell picking out Leroy Lita whose shot squirmed over the line before Spector could get to it.

The rest of the game for me was spent in deep thought about where we go from here, and how Curbishley manages to pick the players up.

6-0 came thirteen minutes before the end and from yet another set piece. A corner was met at the near post by Doyle to head past Green for his second goal. The assist yet again went to Shorey.

Carlton Cole had come on by this point and Carlos Tevez saw himself completely overlooked. For some reason this is all people want to talk about when it comes to today’s came. A few people need to get real.

What became apparent today is that there are multiple positions that need strengthening. We concede far too many goals, and need to buy a center half and a right back. I am not a fan of Paul Konchesky but I believe in a settled defence he will be able to do a job or you can play McCarthy.

Midfield is where in my opinion the big problems are. We are crying out for a right winger and a center midfielder. We create nothing, and that has been a big problem for our strikers. This links in with how badly the strikers have been as of course they get little service, but because of this lack of chances they lose confidence and look truly awful.

Harewood and Zamora look woeful and need replacing. Carlton Cole is no better than those two, Tevez has no future at the club and Sheringham is far to old.

The whole team is playing badly and we need about 4 or 5 better players to come into the side or we will go down.

At this moment in time we look like a side who is going to get relegated. This is not Alan Curbishley’s fault as some of you seem to think it is. People seem to have very short memories.

Alan Pardew goes on a bad run and people want him out. He is sacked. Now Pardew has gone and the problems haven’t magically got better people are missing Pardew and now want Curbishley out!

Brighton are up next in the FA Cup and that is a good opportunity to get some goals and some confidence back into the side, although a loss isn’t the most ridiculous prediction.

Alan Curbishley has a massive task in front of him, but one which he knew he was taking on. There are problems deeper than we know, and hopefully Curbishley will be able to sort them out, bring in players and keep us up.

Blaming Alan Curbishley for today or our plight this season is totally ludicrous. He has been here 15 days.
jr

1st Jan 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and if any cunt asks for a summary please fuck off, you dont have to read it, anyone that does will find some very good points made
Cosmo

1st Jan 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long until they sack the manager?
jr

1st Jan 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he is not a fault for oh club beeing shit, he just happens to manange a team of players who over achcived last season, and are now beeing found out, it can be turned around, as there still good players, just playing like a bunch or cunts
Cosmo

1st Jan 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as Pardew though and they got rid of him

Would be ironic for him to keep Chrlton up and West Ham to go down!!
jr

1st Jan 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

allready stated that cosmo, proberly will happen, there are loads of reason pardew was let go, some have been reported in the media, some havent it was more than just results, im not in the mood to type the reason why rigth now
Ojc

1st Jan 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this man, he has excellent points, notebly this one

"Our fans have never been the brightest bunch"

But a very good review none the less.
jr

1st Jan 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its because on the forum there is more posts with scak curbishly than anything, as he said, he has the same players and has been in charge 15 days, we shit, and TBH its not his fault
dave17

1st Jan 07 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summary
jr

1st Jan 07 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave never have the term G.T.F been more appropiate
Ojc

1st Jan 07 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the bloke has said what has happened is deep routed, how can you go from being quite good to so crap in 1 season is beyond me.
jr

1st Jan 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wigan have the same issue IMO
StuartVRS

1st Jan 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have watched Tony Cottee (i think it was him) on sky sports news commentating on the game. He was fuming, almost at the point where he was either going to cry or swear, even said he wanted to leave and go home.

Another downside was my failure to get decent tickets for palace so i had to sit at home and listen to us win a game. Wish i was there
Ojc

1st Jan 07 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

Not quite as bad.
jr

1st Jan 07 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartA3Turbo
Should have watched Tony Cottee (i think it was him) on sky sports news commentating on the game. He was fuming, almost at the point where he was either going to cry or swear, even said he wanted to leave and go home.

Another downside was my failure to get decent tickets for palace so i had to sit at home and listen to us win a game. Wish i was there

stu that was exactley what i thought, was watching it and couldnt belive it, he was so so gutted like me and every other fan, when it was 6 and he had it hands over his head and face almost on the desk
jr

1st Jan 07 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Not quite as bad.

yes, my feelings last year (i may have even typed them on here) was we migth do an ipswich, and i fear thats whats going to happen
Jules

1st Jan 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe Reading and Sheffield United might "do and ipswich" next season just like you are doing this season - pile in loads of effort to make an impression and over achieve and the next season really struggle
Seems to be quite common place in this country.

Unfortunatly three teams have to go down, and at present it's not looking good for WHU or Charlton, clubs, which in my opinion, are good enough to stay up.

They say that form is temporary but class is permanent and I believe that this is the case for both WHU and Charlton but not for Reading and Sheffield Utd and they will get found out soon or later.
Time will tell.
jr

1st Jan 07 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true jules
nik

1st Jan 07 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think Wigan, Sheff Utd, Boro have problems too. Looks like those 3 and West Ham, Charlton and Watford in a scrap.
Ojc

1st Jan 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
IThey say that form is temporary but class is permanent and I believe that this is the case for both WHU and Charlton but not for Reading and Sheffield Utd and they will get found out soon or later.
Time will tell.

I love this, I love this post its my favourite ever. Same for Notts Forrest, Sheff Weds, Leeds.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The non Kneejerk reaction report that makes me feel a bit better 24 database queries in 0.0132370 seconds