corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Reliving my youth today with pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reliving my youth today with pics
MarkM

User status: Offline
9th Jan 07 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
i play for a sunday league team, we are in the lowest league as we have just started.

our pitch is easily the best in the league and al games always have linesman etc.

does that mean this is of high standard?

Im talking in general terms...your league may be an exception...as there are bound to be them...

RyanSxi

9th Jan 07 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah the league is no exception. we are in the lowest league of a local sunday league. just pointing out that because we have the stuff youve mentioned doesn't mean we play at a higher level etc
MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nah the league is no exception. we are in the lowest league of a local sunday league. just pointing out that because we have the stuff youve mentioned doesn't mean we play at a higher level etc

As I said generally lower leagues dont have linesmen...there may be a lot of officials in your area though so they can have them for the lower leagues...
RyanSxi

9th Jan 07 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah we have our own linesman hhehehehe i was just trying to show that a picture can't tell u what level the football is
MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nah we have our own linesman hhehehehe i was just trying to show that a picture can't tell u what level the football is

Well I did guage what the standard was correctly as the lad admitted the level..

But we will leave it at that...

Thanks for your input

RyanSxi

9th Jan 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, thank you
Hammer

9th Jan 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
you have proved how little you know about football and the way its played

Whereabouts?

You seem to have fabricated your own wee personal vendetta against me because i said what i seen in regards to your 3-1 defeat to Arsenal. Thank you however for taking the time to write such eloquent and detailed responses attempting to deface my character based on nothing more han your imagination.

Muchos appreciated......ya fanny xXx

If you check...you post in reply to my initial comments in this thread...you are the one with the vendetta...I do not need to try and deface your character...your doing a fine job of that yourself...

Unlucky

Love you though

x

[Edited on 09-01-2007 by MarkM]

FYI i have played five a side football with 9 other guys that was of a much higher standard than a full 11 a side game on a park with referees linesman a crowd subs managers strips a tea lady a magic sponge man etc etc.

The level of preparation that goes into a game does not determine the quality of the football on display, ergo my original point remains.

Oh and love you too...mwah x
MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SPL

Hammer

9th Jan 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes funnily enough a couple of the players have played in the SPL and also the Championship and in fact 1 of them even the Premiership

MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes funnily enough a couple of the players have played in the SPL and also the Championship and in fact 1 of them even the Premiership

Names?
Hammer

9th Jan 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Charlie Mulgrew, Stephen Crainey, Martyn Glancy to name but 3
MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are all or have been pro football players...

Not a fair comparison...
Hammer

9th Jan 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They also all have professional contracts which state they are banned from kicking a football other than at training or in games
--Dave--
Banned

9th Jan 07 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL @ the comments on here

Thoday - in the 2nd pic, did you save the shot with your face? it looks as though you've just taken one right in the boat race

I also play Sunday League. We have never had more than one official (ie the ref) and I have played against some right fat bastards who might not be quick but certainly know the game. The fact that it isn't cordoned off doesn't mean it isn't of a high standard

MarkM your first post could be considered as being a tad condescending at the very least.
MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They also all have professional contracts which state they are banned from kicking a football other than at training or in games

Yes...

A mate of a mate who plays week in week out for Blackpool came down and had a game for our Sunday side pre-season...thing was he wasnt backing out of challenges or anything...

Would have been curtains for him if he was injured...
MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
PMSL @ the comments on here

Thoday - in the 2nd pic, did you save the shot with your face? it looks as though you've just taken one right in the boat race

I also play Sunday League. We have never had more than one official (ie the ref) and I have played against some right fat bastards who might not be quick but certainly know the game. The fact that it isn't cordoned off doesn't mean it isn't of a high standard

MarkM your first post could be considered as being a tad condescending at the very least.

It wasnt meant to be...but this is the internet...not real life so things can be taken not how they are meant to be...I really should have elaborated on it though in hindsight...

All im saying about the Ref and cordoned off situation is..better leagues demand that the pitch be enclosed so no one can step onto the pitch like what happens at every Sunday league game...dads etc standing 5 yards on the pitch whilst the balls over the other side....and better leagues have linesman as well as a ref..

Thats all...I did explain several times that I wasnt having a go also...

But people jump on the bandwagon...

[Edited on 09-01-2007 by MarkM]
--Dave--
Banned

9th Jan 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, merely pointing out that your first post could of been interpreted in a certain way that's all
MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, merely pointing out that your first post could of been interpreted in a certain way that's all

Wasnt directed at you...
RyanSxi

9th Jan 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt jump on a bandwagon, just asking if i played at a high level because we have a decent pitch and linemen
--Dave--
Banned

9th Jan 07 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we get the shit players who don't play to run the line

Thoday

9th Jan 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took a knee in the face racing out bravely at a guys feet. i was running on pure adrenalin those pics are only half the local paper could get! There were too many.

We have linesmen, and Aylesbury is a town so the pitches are playing fields mainly except the teams FA teamsAylesbury Utd and Aylesbury Vale and the odd other

MarkM your 1st response was OTT thats y everyone has responded
gianluigi

9th Jan 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao what a thread
nik

9th Jan 07 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I played a bit of Sunday football couple of seasons back, I actually ran a Sunday team. At that time I was playing Southern league football (formally Dr Martins) and many of my players were playing Sussex County 1 football and Ryman league. It's safe to say we would have given most county sides a beating despite being half cut Some Sunday teams are good outfits. Some. Most are shit

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Reliving my youth today with pics 24 database queries in 0.0158491 seconds