corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help about throttle bodies (trumpets)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help about throttle bodies (trumpets)
DimDG

User status: Offline
8th Jan 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello!
I am sure some guys in here can help me with this:
I have the Steinmetz throttle bodies which are "closed type" and I want to convert them to "open type", which means putting 4 trumpets.

I am pretty sure they are 48mm. Where can I get a set of trumpets and what else shall I need for the "conversion"?

Thanks in advance

[Edited on 08-01-2007 by DimDG]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

8th Jan 07 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

contact Jenvey Dynamics for the trumpets, they arent expensive. they can manufacture them without flanges if needed so you can attatch them to the bodies with silicone tube sections if required. If you need DCOE type fitting trumpets I have a set of 40mm ones spare

got any pics of the actual bodies themselfes, I can tell you what you need then
DimDG

8th Jan 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
contact Jenvey Dynamics for the trumpets, they arent expensive. they can manufacture them without flanges if needed so you can attatch them to the bodies with silicone tube sections if required. If you need DCOE type fitting trumpets I have a set of 40mm ones spare

got any pics of the actual bodies themselfes, I can tell you what you need then

I have already contacted Jenvey, they haven't replied me yet
I am sorry but what are the DCOE type fitting trumpets? I don't have a photo of the actual bodies themselves I am sorry, since I am still using my car with the upper part of Steinmetz
Warren G

8th Jan 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing the same thing with dbilas ones

the butteryfly are 45mm, but they go out too 48mm

so buy some interialy 48mm trumpets and just use the rubbers to hold them on
Warren G

8th Jan 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u going to run after amrket managment then?

[Edited on 08-01-2007 by warren.g]
DimDG

8th Jan 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by warren.g
u going to run after amrket managment then?

[Edited on 08-01-2007 by warren.g]

I think that the dbilas ones are exactly the same as the steinmetz ones! Where did you get the trumpets?It seems to me that I will need a curved type so that the upper part of the trumpets will be parallel to the top of the engine...
And yes, I am going to run an aftermarket management since until now I have the original ecu remapped, but I don't know yet a decent and cheap solution...

[Edited on 08-01-2007 by DimDG]
Warren G

8th Jan 07 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bout some off ebay for webber DOCE 45's or something - hope there the right size when they arrive!

if you have the x16xe not c16xe, you could run standard managmnet, and just buy a unichip or something and get remapped? going to use a sausage filter?
DimDG

8th Jan 07 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by warren.g
bout some off ebay for webber DOCE 45's or something - hope there the right size when they arrive!

if you have the x16xe not c16xe, you could run standard managmnet, and just buy a unichip or something and get remapped? going to use a sausage filter?

Oh! I hope that they will fit! And then please let me know so as to order the same type. But u ordered the "straight" type and not a curved one?
I've got a kind of "unichip" in the original management but everyone's telling me that I could gain some bhp running an aftermarket one. And yes, I intend to use a sausage filter, I don't want any rats in my engine
Warren G

8th Jan 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rats, was think more like grit getting in

they are straight type

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260062659535&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016

what spec are/will you be running?
Warren G

8th Jan 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/webber-45-trumpets-rampipes_W0QQitemZ290069539929QQihZ019QQcategoryZ21654QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
DimDG

8th Jan 07 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky guy! The ones u bought have other bits too, the other ones have only the trumpets But I still think that the air will have difficulty in getting down there, that's why I am thinking about curved type trumpets...
The car had pushed out 142ps before remapping the ecu and that was with throttle bodies, reprofiled original cams (I am also thinking about purchasing a set of dbilas 262 cams) and 11:1 compression ratio.
liam8888

9th Jan 07 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May sound a bit dumb, but what do trumpets do and where do you put them, any 1 have a pic with some in?

New Poll