corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » private plates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author private plates
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 07 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found the perfect plate, I expected it to cost loads but it's £250. However the prefix is 'R' and my cars 'K' reg.
I know I cant put it on my car; but could I still buy and put it on retention until I get a new car later this year?

If so how do you go about 'retaining' it?
Colin

1st Feb 07 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have 1 year from date of buying it to assign it to a car

also

£25 a year to keep it on paper.
Cosmo

1st Feb 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is it and I'll get it sorted for you....or just buy it and charge you more for it
RichR
Premium Member

1st Feb 07 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers Colin

just found this on DVLA site as well

You are buying the right to display a registration mark on a vehicle. Registration marks are not items of property so you cannot buy legal title to them. All registration marks remain the property of the Secretary of State for Transport. This applies whether you buy a registration direct from DVLA, from a private dealer or individual. You have the right to put the mark onto a vehicle in your name or that of the nominee that you have chosen, within 12 months. If you don't want to put it onto a vehicle in that time you can extend your rights for a fee of £25 per year and this can be done indefinitely. The right is only granted to you as the purchaser
T5POL

1st Feb 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Q: Do I have to put the registration straight onto a vehicle?

A: No. You have until the expiry date shown on your V750 to put the mark onto a vehicle.

Q: How do I extend my entitlement period?

A: If you are still not ready to put your registration mark onto your vehicle before the expiry date printed on your Certificate of Entitlement, then you can extend the entitlement period for 12 months for a fee of £25. Simply sign section 2 of the Certificate of Entitlement and send your application and cheque made payable to DVLA at DVLA Personalised Registrations, SV2, Swansea, SA99 1DN. Your application must be made before the certificate expires but only within 28 days of the expiry date.

All of the above taken from DVLA website. The site has almost everything you will need to know.

deano87

1st Feb 07 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I've found the perfect plate, I expected it to cost loads but it's £250

Lucky you - mine is £3995.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » private plates 23 database queries in 0.0118930 seconds