corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » PSV annoy me.... (rant)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PSV annoy me.... (rant)
J da Silva

User status: Offline
7th Feb 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a Corinthians fan and over the past few weeks I've enjoyed my team return to it's old form, with the coach Emerson Leao clearing out the ego's and bringing in young Brazilians ranging from 16-18years old, they've been holding their own in the Campaenato Paulista and playing really well, one of these youngsters promoted from Corinthians Junior team is a little left-back called Fagner Conserva Lemos, having just played 7 full games for Corinthians, he got a call-up to the Brazil u-20's world cup squad, this leading PSV coach Ronald Koeman into snatching him through a loop-hole which means not only does he get a transfer out of the transfer window, Corinthians don't even get any money for him, it's ruining both South American football and European football, no home grown talent in europe = poor national sides, and all the South American players playing in europe = poor form for South American sides as they play in europe and eventually adapt to that style instead of their own.
Brazil are not worthy of rank 1 in Fifa rankings, and the reason is because they pick players who play in europe, everyone knows how to keep Kaka,Ronaldinho,Robinho,Rafael Sobis quiet in games, because they play the european way now. Rant over
Marc

7th Feb 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your point. Most football teams would collapse were it not for foreign talent imo.
Mather.16v

7th Feb 07 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I see your point. Most football teams would collapse were it not for foreign talent imo.

very true!

i think the 3 foreign players rule should come back in to practice, i do wonder how arsenal and chelsea would cope
Nath

7th Feb 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v
quote:

very true!

i think the 3 foreign players rule should come back in to practice, i do wonder how arsenal and chelsea would cope

As long as it's a Worldwide thing. Otherwise English Football Clubs would struggle for a generation or so, as the best foriegn talent would just go abroad and make someone else stronger.

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by Nath]
Hammer

7th Feb 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely Brazil can't not pick the players from Europe just because they play there? The reason they are playing for top European sides is because they are the best South America has to offer.

I do agree about the young talent snatching though, whats the point in nurturing talent if as soon as he gets into the first team he is carted off abroad with £ signs in his eyes while his club gets hee haw in return.
J da Silva

8th Feb 07 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Surely Brazil can't not pick the players from Europe just because they play there? The reason they are playing for top European sides is because they are the best South America has to offer.

I do agree about the young talent snatching though, whats the point in nurturing talent if as soon as he gets into the first team he is carted off abroad with £ signs in his eyes while his club gets hee haw in return.

Results tell a tale, World Cup failure, and a string of poor performances since then, Ronaldinho doesn't play his natural game anymore, for Gremio he was a proper showman, he is tame at Barca compared to his Gremio days, Robinho is the same, he was a far more confident player at Santos.

The point I'm getting across (from a South American viewpoint) is that because these players play in europe and are on most television stations weekly, that the top european competition work out how to play against them, a good european defender could keep Ronaldinho quiet for 90mins if he was disciplined enough.
Robbo

9th Feb 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v
quote:

very true!

Man Utd would seriously struggle as well!

Jiz - what do you think of Denilson? Has looked top notch in the Carling Cup IMO!
J da Silva

9th Feb 07 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to watch him alot with Brazil youth squads, he makes a very good captain aswell, organised midfields and usually is the anchorman in that side.
MarkM

9th Feb 07 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Results tell a tale, World Cup failure, and a string of poor performances since then, Ronaldinho doesn't play his natural game anymore, for Gremio he was a proper showman, he is tame at Barca compared to his Gremio days, Robinho is the same, he was a far more confident player at Santos.

Maybe thats because there playing in better leagues against better opposition now...

Robbo

10th Feb 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good re. Denilson!

I saw the other day that Ronaldinho was thinking of retiring from International footy... pathetic if true!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » PSV annoy me.... (rant) 24 database queries in 0.0117180 seconds