corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Interview in regards to the lived experience of playing amateur football

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interview in regards to the lived experience of playing amateur football
Carl

User status: Offline
7th Feb 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what questions who you ask? got to do 45 minute interviews so need quite a few,
themes so far are;
history of participation
memories, positive and negative,
winning and losing
participation in a team
social acceptance
physical aspects
psychological aspects
escapism
nik

7th Feb 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stresses involved, commitment, how much time did it take from your social life, did it cause family/partner problems, do you do it for the enjoyment or money or both.

Thats some of the things that have effected me through playing football. Probably not what you need
Carl

7th Feb 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Stresses involved, commitment, how much time did it take from your social life, did it cause family/partner problems, do you do it for the enjoyment or money or both.

Thats some of the things that have effected me through playing football. Probably not what you need

Cheers Nik thats spot on. Got to interview, then link it to self-esteem, kind of why people participate but not generalisable just to the people i'm interviewing so got to be in -depth so bits like that help.

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by Carl]
nik

7th Feb 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went through stages of playing because I thought I had to. At some points during my career I didn't enjoy training nor actually turning up for and playing a match.

Probably an interesting subject, will post more if I think of things
Carl

7th Feb 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I went through stages of playing because I thought I had to. At some points during my career I didn't enjoy training nor actually turning up for and playing a match.

Probably an interesting subject, will post more if I think of things

i'm all ears, got 7,000 words left to do after i've got interviews done and transcribed.
thecorsaal

7th Feb 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i played a bit, for me it didnt matter what i gave up i loved it, injured when i was 17, thaught my whole life was over. thats the hard part
Carl

8th Feb 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thecorsaal
i played a bit, for me it didnt matter what i gave up i loved it, injured when i was 17, thaught my whole life was over. thats the hard part

my friend at uni was in a similiar position, Played at a high level ended up at chesterfield, got injured, not as artheritis and back troubles and struggles to run, he would give anything to be able to play football, feel bad for him as football was his life.
J da Silva

8th Feb 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many countries have you participated in?

What inspires you in a game, on a frosty February morning when you can be tucked up with your ladyfriend, badger on leg.
Carl

8th Feb 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10

What inspires you in a game, on a frosty February morning when you can be tucked up with your ladyfriend, badger on leg.

I don't want to include that as it will get me thinking this coming Sunday when its snowing and i'm stood in shorts in a field freezing my tits off!
On a serious note, its a bit 'direct' for my study, bit of an odd thing to say but i need to pan it out a bit if you get what i mean.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Interview in regards to the lived experience of playing amateur football 24 database queries in 0.0133650 seconds