corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Boot build Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boot build Question
cfuk
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
16th Feb 07 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm fitting a full In Phase system to my car, but i have some questions

1.) I'm fitting a 15" sub and was wondering if i can fit it facing into the car without using a box. I mean like mount it on a false wall or would i need to make it into a box?

2.) Would i be able to run the set up off two amps? I'm going to be running 5" 1/4 comps (front), 4" (back), 6x9s (shelf) and 15" sub. One amp is 2 channel 900w and one is 4 channels 1200/2400w

3.) Is it easy mounting speakers into the rear panels? have any of you guys got pictures of speakers that you have mounted?

4.) would i need adapters for the fron speakers if i get some door pods?

5.) Should i use a power cap or not bother?

[Edited on 16-02-2007 by cfuk]
Steve X16XE

17th Feb 07 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean like mount it on a false wall or would i need to make it into a box?

There is a sub that you can use free standing.... can't remember what its called.

5" 1/4 comps (front), (from HU) YES to the speaker pod.

4" (back), 6x9s (shelf) (4channel amp)

15" sub (2 channel anp bridged)

And if your going for full power, yes to the power cap to both the amps.
Lucky Luke!

17th Feb 07 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get free air subs but they are aweful! so....

1.) Ideally need a box, but you can get a stealth box which sits snug in the side of the boot.

2.)Why all the speakers? there is no benefit to be had from running all them speakers!!! bin the 6x9's as they will only make your system sound worse, put a set of co-ax 5 1/4" in the rear panels and a set of 6" comps in the front. You can run these off the 4 channel and the sub off the 2 channel.

3.)Anything is possible with a little effort, take your time and it will go smoothly, if your confident use fiberglass to create a build that is unique!

4.)Yes if your fitting in the standard locations you can get speaker collars from halfords for about £15, they come with an adaptor to make them for either 5 1/4" or 6"

5.)I wouldn't, i'd just make sure you battery is in tip top condition, only if you suffer power fade (i.e lights dimming when bass hits) should you add one.

Hope this helps mate!

[Edited on 17-02-2007 by Lucky Luke!]
cfuk

17th Feb 07 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i want to have the sub in the middle of the boot, but i don't want to loose much boot space. As for the speakers, i have them all so don't really want to waste my money on not using them
Lucky Luke!

17th Feb 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its up to you but it will sound worse for putting the 6x9's in, i really wouldnt recommend it.
cfuk

17th Feb 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had them in one and they sound ok, so i'm happy with that. Don't really have the money to buy some more speakers
Lucky Luke!

18th Feb 07 at 03:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that, what i mean is that you just shouldnt bother with them, running front comps and rear co-ax with a sub is more than enough, with 6x9's there will be so much sound in such a small space that they will be fighting for attention, it will sound awful!

New Poll