corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool players drunken night out in Algarve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool players drunken night out in Algarve
Marc

User status: Offline
18th Feb 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pennant, Bellamy, Fowler and Dudek. Not read anything yet.

Cosmo

18th Feb 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering how long this was going to take until it was posted on here!

Read it yesterday on a few Liverpool forums. Personally dont think it is true, yeah it probably would be in early pre-season or on a long break...but do you really think Rafa would allow his players out drinking 4 days before we play Barca, I dont think so!!

Anyway, here is the story...

Liverpool’s last night in the Algarve, where they trained this last week, was quite troubled. Several players were involved in shameful events that only ended when the authorities intervened around 4am on Friday.

Acording to witnesses the players used the fact that Benitez had gone to Vilamoura to have fun. But some of the 15 strong group that went to Monty’s bar in Vale do Lobo got out of control.

Beers were drunk all night and some players lost count of how much they had. To avoid trouble the British were “invited” to leave the bar, but this didn’t mean the end of the matter, despite the efforts by captain Gerrard and Peter Crouch.

When they arrived back at the Barringtons apartment complex, the drunkest players (Dudek, Fowler and Pennant amongst them) damaged cars, electricity boxes and even the inside of some houses, by using golf clubs!

The situation only calmed down when police arrived, during which time they had to cuff Dudek who had tried to headbutt an officer. While this was going on witnesses stared in disbelief.
Cosmo

18th Feb 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its also funny as some papers are saying Riise and Bellamy got in a fight and were seperated by Rafa, and others saying that Rafa had gone somewhere else and thats why they went out.

Talk about a little contradiction!
Marc

18th Feb 07 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Dudek trying to head butt the police!
Cosmo

18th Feb 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
@ Dudek trying to head butt the police!

that made me laugh too

Will be interesting to see what the official statement on this is, but I really cant see someone like Rafa who is strict manager letting then out drinking 4 day before the game!
Cosmo

18th Feb 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rafa..."I met this morning with the entire first-team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal.

"I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."
Russ

18th Feb 07 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i had a golf club in each hand i wouldnt go near riise, so i seriously doubt craig "im ard" bellendamy would
Cosmo

18th Feb 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and Id expect Riise to have two broken legs if someone started smacking his legs!!
Whittie

19th Feb 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diddn't Riise get dropped with a golf club or something?
Cosmo

19th Feb 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Diddn't Riise get dropped with a golf club or something?

A lot of condradicting reports. Some say he did and it was broken up by Rafa, another says Rafa was in Spain and nowhere near them, etc. If he did though I doubt he'd be walking!!

Tom

19th Feb 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fun and games, it's obviously been blown out of proprtion.
liamC

19th Feb 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

19th Feb 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does this look like two guys who have just gone at each other with golf clubs...

topshot_2k
Banned

19th Feb 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like 3 gayers
Cosmo

19th Feb 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
looks like 3 gayers

TBH being a fan of Spurs you would probably know this!
topshot_2k
Banned

19th Feb 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH cosmo i think you secretly want to support spurs, hence all your anti spurs comments.
Cosmo

19th Feb 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
TBH cosmo i think you secretly want to support spurs, hence all your anti spurs comments.

I hate other teams more than Spurs, but you keep trying to get some sort of reaction with your posts about Liverpool so you make it easy for me to give you shit!
topshot_2k
Banned

19th Feb 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why? because i have predicted barca to win? i have money on it so i have to support barca.
Cosmo

19th Feb 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
why? because i have predicted barca to win? i have money on it so i have to support barca.

No, I dont mind you saying anything like that, but you try to come out with comments that you think will wind me (and you do to the Arsenal guys too) but you just leave yourself open as you support a shite small team that doesnt compete for any of the top cups....ever.
Tarrantino

19th Feb 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

No, I dont mind you saying anything like that, but you try to come out with comments that you think will wind me (and you do to the Arsenal guys too) but you just leave yourself open as you support a shite small team that doesnt compete for any of the top cups....ever.

spot on
Jamie Walby

19th Feb 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I secretly want to support Liverpool so I can have a home shirt with Sissoko on the back.
Cosmo

19th Feb 07 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wallaby

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool players drunken night out in Algarve 24 database queries in 0.0148158 seconds