corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » argh!! POLICE!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author argh!! POLICE!!
Daimo B

User status: Offline
20th Feb 07 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was you speeding? Yes?

Did you get caught? Yes....

Were they doing their job? Yes

Are you just on a moan because you were caught? Yes.

Should you stop moaning, and accept you were not silly to speed, but silly enough to speed and get caught? Yes...

All been there, pay up, pay more attention next time, or be a bit more carefull with the throttle. Lots of us have been there
kenny-g

20th Feb 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you get caught about ?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police are cunts.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dave17

20th Feb 07 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont be able to proove they were hiding. They were hiding when i got caught, but thats the way it is. Im a much safer driver now i have 6 points anyway...........
A1EX

20th Feb 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there are speed camera signs up anywhere on the road they can hide where they like as u have been warned so check that first before moaning
stubs

20th Feb 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pdwhelan
Why should the police be visible? you wouldnt speed if you saw the police would you? NO. So the police hiding behind that wall was a good thing! they caught you and thats that. if you dont want 3 points then its obvious, dont speed in the first place. I have nothing against you or anyone else that speeds but when they try and get them selfs out of it with excuses such as "they were hiding" then it gets a bit silly. Good luck with it though

I can see what you're trying to say here.. but surely the idea is to stop people from speeding? If what you're saying is correct, that the police should not be visible, and that hiding behind a wall is a good thing... then there's no deterent.

OK, so when the driver recieves the points & fine, yeah that might deter them from doing it AGAIN, but not from doing it in the 1st place.

rossnomore

20th Feb 07 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right now if every1 whos bein a cock wants 2 shut up 4 a minute... the police DO need to be visable, i asked my dad, he works at the police headquarters, he has had a word with the to policemen that pulled me over, they addmitted they were not visable from the side of the road i was traveling on, therefor, its goin to court, oh and kroozuk-ben, ur the pleb, and pdwhelan, ur a dick, i was just wantin some advice, not some smartarse and another lecture about speedin, orite?
rossnomore

20th Feb 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got caught just leavin the prom on sunday nite kenny
Reedy

20th Feb 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rossnomore
right now if every1 whos bein a cock wants 2 shut up 4 a minute... the police DO need to be visable, i asked my dad, he works at the police headquarters, he has had a word with the to policemen that pulled me over, they addmitted they were not visable from the side of the road i was traveling on, therefor, its goin to court, oh and kroozuk-ben, ur the pleb, and pdwhelan, ur a dick, i was just wantin some advice, not some smartarse and another lecture about speedin, orite?

if your dad works for the police then why did you ask on here

Also you should expect to hear peoples opinions if you post on a forum
rossnomore

20th Feb 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did want peoples opinions, but some were just bein harsh for the fun of it, and my dads been away on buisness till 2day
Reedy

20th Feb 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i did want peoples opinions, but some were just bein harsh for the fun of it, and my dads been away on buisness till 2day

I dont think they were being harsh. Just imagine if somebody you knew was killed by somebody speeding you would have the same opinion

The fact that you have been caught speeding means that you have learned your lesson and that in itself should be enough for a first time pull over. ( just my opinion ).

Obviously if you were doing silly speeds in a low speed zone then you deserve losing your license.
pdwhelan

20th Feb 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a dick?? i wasnt the one stupid enough to speed and get caught so before moaning and calling people names think carefully about what you have actualy done wrong here before trying to get everyone on your side! fuck other peoples opinions. you was speeding and got caught.. END OF!
wilson_sri

20th Feb 07 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you such a little angel of a motorist that never speeds?
Ben G

20th Feb 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldn't really ask how to get out of a speeding ticket on a popular forum then if you didn't want people to call you things...

at the end of the day, you sped, you got caught, you face the consequences. i'm quite glad you got caught as it will make you think next time you decide to creep over the speed limit.

i got caught, got let off with a warning, and since then i have never been stupid enough to speed like a madman.
nathy_87

20th Feb 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
quote:

if your dad works for the police then why did you ask on here

Also you should expect to hear peoples opinions if you post on a forum

and if your dad does work for the police but if his a pensusher then it dont exactly count! and as long as there signs about warnign you of speed cameras then they don't have to be visble its your own fault tossbag
FasT09

20th Feb 07 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much over speed limit wer u? id b gutted if they fined and gave me points if i wa doing 33 on a 30 but any more id accept it easier
pdwhelan

20th Feb 07 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wilson_sri, this is about rossnomore not me.. But i know i'm no angel on the roads hehe. I just havn't been caught YET nearly have though but i sopose i just slow down at the right time
Ben G

20th Feb 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FasT09
how much over speed limit wer u? id b gutted if they fined and gave me points if i wa doing 33 on a 30 but any more id accept it easier

thought you could only get caught doing 10% + 1 or 2mph over the limit?

so you would have to be doing 34-35mph to get officially caught speeding and fined/points given?

please correct me if im wrong.
Daimo B

20th Feb 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Awwwwww does daddy not want his little boy running up 3 points.. Probably means daddy has to pay more on your insurance..

Be a man, accept you were caught speeding (which is illegal by the way, if you didn't know.... ) and take the points. Or go running to daddy and get him to sort it because he's ovbiously a big man in the police and enjoys anally shafting young PC's who catch his son driving illegally.

The police DON'T need to be visable if there are speed camera signs. They have been hiding since mobile cameras came out, is it there fault for catching you, or your fault for speeding? It is the latter.

PS, was does olrite mean? Is that the new abbreviation for "it'll be alright on the night, part 16,092?"

Pete_vxl

20th Feb 07 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye the prom was heavin with jammers on sunday but a suppose.... you should have been aware. Or maybe cause your pals were ther you felt the need to give it sport, a dunno, whatever am sure you'll think twice bout it next time
Lynny

20th Feb 07 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, youre young, in-experienced etc, strangely enough a lot of people on here have a lot of experience and know what theyre talking about! you asked for advice, you got it, stop twisting and grow up a bit
steve101

21st Feb 07 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate. your logic suggests the following:

Speed limit: 30
No police around = ok to speed

Police around = slow down.

So you'd only drive to the limit if you seen police in any circumstance? That what you're telling the forum?

Everyone does speed, but if you were speeding you should hold your hands up, rather than making excuses. Easier for everyone involved - whether they were visible or not - I wouldnt complain.
rossnomore

21st Feb 07 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually, i thought it was a 40, all the other roads in the town like that are, except that 1 apparently, so i sat at 40, i dont speed in towns, especially in built up areas, i was ran over by sum1 when i was younger and royally fucked my knees, so i wouldnt want to do that 2 some one else, and there wasnt any speed camera signs.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » argh!! POLICE!! 24 database queries in 0.0203531 seconds