corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » e46 M3 Convertible.......discuss

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author e46 M3 Convertible.......discuss
M2RTY

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.....pretty much the only car i would own once I sell mine

drove 2, but no to their full limit, anyone had/got one?

will be about an 02 reg
dannycorsa c

2nd Mar 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice cars get 1
JJ

2nd Mar 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why convertable?? Also SMG or manual?
Doug

2nd Mar 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sex.

I want a silver one with red leather.

Serious bits of kit when driven properly
AK

2nd Mar 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would go for a tin top over the cab :/

Rather a 2.2 cab if i just wanted it for posing cheaper
boyracer2002

2nd Mar 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no no no no no you cant get one before me thats my next car im thinking
M2RTY

2nd Mar 07 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
would go for a tin top over the cab :/

Rather a 2.2 cab if i just wanted it for posing cheaper

i have the 2.2 cab at the mo, i like posing, want to spend some money on it but thought an m3 will end up costing the same (about 6k difference in price if i sold mine)

it wont be going fast, im not a huge speed fan, just like the look of them, and wit hthe 6000 miles i do a year in it i might aswell get something even worse on petrol
K11 NNL

2nd Mar 07 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate got one after wanting one since he started driving and it was a black convertible,yeah it drove mint but he got rid of it after 4 months because he got bored and when you go over 110 mph the front of the roof flapped about.i would o for the hardtop
M2RTY

2nd Mar 07 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K11 NNL
my mate got one after wanting one since he started driving and it was a black convertible,yeah it drove mint but he got rid of it after 4 months because he got bored and when you go over 110 mph the front of the roof flapped about.i would o for the hardtop

120mph in mine is fine, there must have been a fault with it
K11 NNL

2nd Mar 07 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no fault bmw simply said you shouldnt be doing that speed.
Nismo

2nd Mar 07 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really much of an upgrade from yours IMO, ok you have more power but thats really it.

Id go for the normal coupe myself.
deano87

3rd Mar 07 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard no reports about the cab but dad has a tin top 52 plate and loves it - his dream car and finally got one

He has SMGII which isn't that bad if driven right (i.e. lift your foot off the throttle slightly when changing gear the car doesn't jolt).

Get the facelift rear lights and a private plate, no-one will know the age of your car

Dads has just done over 22k irrc, and has had it since about 14k. He says it is getting faster, which is probably right, with the engine only just breaking in.

The recommended fuel is Shell Optimax/V-power. Dad used to use Sainsburys SuperUnleaded and would occasionally pink. Been running Shell in it for a while and performance is better, and no performance problems.

You'll love it over the 2.2. It is a completely different car compared to the 3.0 even.

1 more thing, bare in mind performance costs. Dad had a bulge in 1 tyre, and because of the tyre pressure stuff etc, he had to have all 4 replaced. And as you can imagine, tyres aren't cheap.

Also, you could get more car for your money by going for a tin top, as the cabs are more expensive
M2RTY

3rd Mar 07 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheres for the overview

not all have the tyre pressure system, ive not seen one in the flesh that has yet as it was a rare option

already have private plate and lights lol (and brake light too as the new ones have clear lights)

i also like the look of the sports, they sit lower to the ground and have deeper bumpers

i plan to sell mine before the new folding hard top comes out in the next few months and then buy another a few months later so hopefully if i time it right i will be able to save some money on one, maybe even buy it at end of summer/winter again
deano87

3rd Mar 07 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rear LED lights are different for coupe and convertible, so if you think of getting coupe, they won't fit

Have you properly looked into M3's - they got a lot of options standard that Sports didn't! Not saying that everyone has tyre pressure indicator.

Oh, my dad has a rear blind button where all the other buttons are, even though he doesn't have a rear blind saves there being a blank space there. Was option the 1st owner had fitted.

HarmonKardon hi-fi is a must, if you can find one with it on

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » e46 M3 Convertible.......discuss 23 database queries in 0.1904371 seconds