corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » diblas tb's.......views?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author diblas tb's.......views?
csweatherston

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 07 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for anyone thats seen them...whats peoples views on the diblas tb kit?....
the one which the 4 tb's enter a plenm and maintain the original iat sensor, map sensor and air filter set up....

much benefit over a mantzel type inlet?.......or much less benefit than a conventional tb setup eg, jenvy??...

please discuss
Half Pint

2nd Mar 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to warren g... personally they could do with proper management to run them...
Rhino

2nd Mar 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen the on a 2ltr 16v and it ran 179 bhp with them. Was Starkie's Corsa before he sold it.

Dont think he had managment either.... ask him.
csweatherston

2nd Mar 07 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm..they should run on std management... how would warren g know what there like?
RKS

2nd Mar 07 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got them on my 1.4 8v, runs with standard management but runs slightly rich.. allthough i have ditched the plenum and am running trumpets due to the 8v having an air intake temp rather than air mass meter. sounds awesome.

a jenvey setup with aftermarket management will give you much better gains, but also costs a lot more,

[Edited on 02-03-2007 by --Rikki--]
dan_almond

2nd Mar 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do run on standard management mate !
Warren G

2nd Mar 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csweatherston
erm..they should run on std management... how would warren g know what there like?

because he has a set sitting in his garage waiting to be fitted to a 1600, which is curranty in pieces, and he is waiting for his dad to come back from denmark to finish port and polishing his cylinder head. And is also waiting for hes cams to come back from being reprofiled, so then he can build his engine up

Just a guess tho
Warren G

2nd Mar 07 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o and will be running on standard managent for a while, then junking the inlet chamber, fitting c20xe blue injectors, verniers, webber fpr and trumpets running on megasquirt

then il be able to tell you what there like - PS ask Dave A
broster
Premium Member

3rd Mar 07 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a corsa booked in to run standalong management on these throttle bodies, will be interesting to see the difference, we will have the conversion carried out in 1 day.
csweatherston

3rd Mar 07 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh.....you kept that secretive warren ......
if you could all let me know when youve fitted them....how they perform etc.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Mar 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have fitted 2 sets of these now. they seem decent quality and follow a dcoe pattern which is handy. they also have somewhere you can drill and fit injectors into if you wanted. they do run on standard management but not really that good, better than an inlet box but not really fast. with a good inlet manifold, decent fuel rail and some management I cant see why they wouldnt make decent figures. personally I would just get some jenveys for less money and a lot less hassle.
RobHayes

3rd Mar 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the price they cost new, you'd be better off spending the little bit extra and getting jenvey's
but for a second hand bargain bolt on mod, they're not too bad
RKS

4th Mar 07 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
I have fitted 2 sets of these now. they seem decent quality and follow a dcoe pattern which is handy. they also have somewhere you can drill and fit injectors into if you wanted. they do run on standard management but not really that good, better than an inlet box but not really fast. with a good inlet manifold, decent fuel rail and some management I cant see why they wouldnt make decent figures. personally I would just get some jenveys for less money and a lot less hassle.

its good to read this on here as normally anyone asks about dblias and everyone says that they arent very good.

I was curious about whether or not you could drill them out to fit injectors in the tb rather than them being in the manifold...

hmm will have to think about that for the future on mine, get some injectors/rail and a dcoe manifold, and then aftermarket management, I might not get that unichip fitted after all

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » diblas tb's.......views? 23 database queries in 0.2655990 seconds