corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Digital SLR Opinions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Digital SLR Opinions
JohnnyR

User status: Offline
20th Mar 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there

Looking for some advice from anyone in the know. I'm just looking at buying my first SLR digital camera and wanting to spend around 400.

I'm currently torn between these 2...

Nikon D40

or

Canon EOS 350D

Which would you reccommend?

Cheers in advance
John

[Edited on 20-03-2007 by JohnnyR]
JohnnyR

20th Mar 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way, im new to photography, always enjoy taking pictures however wanting to get into a bit more.

Would probably be taking more still photos than anything, but wouldnt rule out action shots, like football etc...
JonnyJ

20th Mar 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a Nikon man so id say D40 but they are both good cameras to use when you getting your first slr.

I like nikon because they seem to have a bigger range of lenses and accessories compared to Canons
JohnnyR

20th Mar 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm glad you have said that, I was swaying towards the Nikon, then saw the Canon and ummed and arred lol

Seen a few of your snaps Jonny, what you using? Where did you learn, self taught and practice? Or you done a course?
JonnyJ

20th Mar 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shoot using a D70s (which i would highly recommend as it was my first slr)

All of my photography has been self taught but ive also got a mate who is doing the same course as me (HND Graphic Design) and hes a little more into it than me so he gives me alot of tips!

Practice is the key really, it isnt too hard once you know whats what. Another thing i do is say im shooting motorsport ill go on flickr (great site btw get yourself on there) search for the type of shots i want to do and then have a look see what settings they used.

Once you have got the hang of metering, ISOs, Aperture, shutter speeds etc the hardest thing is just finding the shots!

I reckon if you just go out for a week with your camera you can get used to all the settings then its just practice and learning off others

If you ever need any help with it though mate drop us a U2U and ill see what i can do (providing you get the Nikon that is )
Nismo

21st Mar 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
From Ross
save and get the 400d the d40 is a heap a shit

JohnnyR

23rd Mar 07 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey hey

Bought the EOS 350D Yesterday, there is an offer in Jessops, 349.99 with a free bag.

There was no black ones, so got the silver one, looks lovely. Going to wembley tommorow to will try and get a few pictures of the stadium.

Will show you some pics after the weekend for your comments! Made an account on flickr too.

Cheers!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Digital SLR Opinions 24 database queries in 0.0096180 seconds