corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Power Supply for a Flashing LED in a Corsa C?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power Supply for a Flashing LED in a Corsa C?
Rich H

User status: Offline
31st Mar 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I've got a little flashing LED which I want to mount in my MFD dome, basically as a visual deterrent to possible gits who want to break into my car

Thing is, is there actually a power supply that I can run it off of, I have qutie specific requirements!! :

The LED must only operate when the car is turned off and work without the keys in the ignition!!

Was thinking there must be something in the car that has this feature that I can tap into and wire the LED off of? Will need literally a tiny amount of power to make the LED work.

Any help would be appreciated

Ta
andyc1234

31st Mar 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in th haynes max power manual theres something about a connection on the central locking loom thats only live when the cars locked. ill try n dig it out
Rich H

31st Mar 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. If you could that would be great. Cheers
RobHayes

1st Apr 07 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire the + of the LED to a permanent 12v feed, and the - to an ignition only 12v feed.

when the ignition is on, the LED wont work, but when it's off (keys out) the LED will flash as the ignition live becomes earth

thats how i wired mine up
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye just read my haynes thats what it said they just got theres from the door loom as it was for led door pins.
Rich H

1st Apr 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobHayes
wire the + of the LED to a permanent 12v feed, and the - to an ignition only 12v feed.

when the ignition is on, the LED wont work, but when it's off (keys out) the LED will flash as the ignition live becomes earth

thats how i wired mine up

Ok cool, any ideas on relevant wires? And the colours of them? Once I know this, I'll be sorted
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there will be a permanent and ignition live under the mfd u need to get ur hands on a multimeter and have a poke around a few wires or get a bulb and try it that way

New Poll