corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Setting up your own sunday league team...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Setting up your own sunday league team...
CorsaLad

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know how you enter an 11 a-side team into a sunday league team? I guess you have to register with the league and find a suitable home pitch etc?
nik

23rd Apr 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran a side called AFC Angmering for two seasons, it cost me £1000s. Getting people to pay subs was a pain, the ref fees were £20 ish a game, the home pitch was £50 a game. Then you have to affiliate with your county fa £100ish, club fines for late team sheets, results etc etc list goes on. We were very successful, promoted, cup final etc but I wouldn't go through it again.

Best bet is to ring your county fa and ask them what to do next, good luck.
CorsaLad

23rd Apr 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply. Myself and about 14 mates are trying to organise it. We'd love to play in the 07/08 season but I think we've probably left it a bit late.
messham11

23rd Apr 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Nik said contact your local league and your local county FA. It wont be too late mate, leagues are after all the teams they can get.

Contact your local council aswell about a pitch as there might be a waiting list for some.

Cost wise your looking at 350-650 for a pitch, 300 kit, 100 registration fees with FA and league.

We charge £20 signing on then £2 a week subs for the ref. Im a good secretary and never get fined for anything

We'll be in our 5th season next year, started in Div 4 now in Prem, 2 cups, 2 league titles. Well worth it i'd say, go for it
CorsaLad

23rd Apr 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

messhaw11 - You might be able to help me a bit more actually. What league do you play in? I'm from Staines and we are looking to enter the windsor league (thames valley sunday football league).

Thanks,

James
nik

23rd Apr 07 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off topic but I played football at Egham with two players who I think play in the Thames valley prem on Sundays names are Nick White and Ben Paternoster (sp) who played for Farnham Royal I think? Anyone heard of them?
messham11

23rd Apr 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thames Valley is crap. All about the Observer Industrial, ran 10 times better but not sure if your out of our district!! u2u me anything you need to know James.

Nik- Yeah I know Ben, he used to play for us!! Decent player, greedy though and likes to be the star!
shawboy

23rd Apr 07 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insurance is also needed.
gianluigi

23rd Apr 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to

play 1 year of friendlies

have a pitch ready

have 3 members of the board
-manager
-chairman
-secretary / treasurer

11 players

a bank account

insurance

not much more. but contact your local FA

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Setting up your own sunday league team... 24 database queries in 0.0143960 seconds