corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clutch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clutch
Thoday

User status: Offline
29th Apr 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What mileage would expect to require one?

Where would "wear and tear" come into play with a clutch under the warranty?

Car has done 37k and mainly to work and back.

Been told that it could take 4-6 hours to take gear box apart to investigate, plus new clutch approx £300.

Car sometimes does not go into 1st and 2nd easily.. 3rd, 4th and 5th are fine and if im reversing or moving its generally fine.
12vMatt

29th Apr 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure its the clutch needs replacing and not just the gear linkage needs setting up
Thoday

29th Apr 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12vMatt
you sure its the clutch needs replacing and not just the gear linkage needs setting up

Just what i have been told.. car passed its first MOT fine but i asked the guy who does my car to have a quick look when he drove it to the test centre... mentioned something about the hydraulic
Colin

29th Apr 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly the gear synchromesh & not the clutch thats worn. Do you give it a hard life???
Thoday

29th Apr 07 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Possibly the gear synchromesh & not the clutch thats worn. Do you give it a hard life???

Nope, it gets driven 30 miles a day round trip to work.. country roads and through villages in the hills.

ive booked it into vauxhall to have a look, though they want me to pay £44 quid to hook it up to the diagnostic machine..

certainly am not allowing vauxhall to take the gear box apart a t£80 an hour labour though.

either way would anyone else demand it be covered under the warranty, the guy who services it said 70-80k mileage should be about right for a new clutch
RS6

29th Apr 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be the gear linkage if you have a corsa c

they are sooooo common they are going all the time have a look on ccuk help section so many threads about gear linkages mines been done twice
Colin

29th Apr 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would certainly be raising the question if the cars only done 37k. Clutches last on average if not mistreated 70-100k sometimes more!! How olds the car? Id go back & kick up a fuck about it!!
Thoday

29th Apr 07 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RS6
it will be the gear linkage if you have a corsa c

they are sooooo common they are going all the time have a look on ccuk help section so many threads about gear linkages mines been done twice

will have a look mate. costly? claimable under the warranty?
RS6

29th Apr 07 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

claim under warrenty yes
Thoday

29th Apr 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RS6
claim under warrenty yes

thats what i thought its an 04 corsa so 3 years old and just passed first MOT fine.

Its the gear linkage i believe and should cost between £60 and £100 quid approximately i am being told.

Will claim under the warranty..

what about the diagnositc check.. seems a waste to be forced to pay £44 quid when others are adamant about the reason for the problem and all experienced the same problems
Thoday

29th Apr 07 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently Vauxhall insist on the dyagnosic check! Im going to refuse to pay if it is the gear linkage or anything clearly not my fault!
deano87

29th Apr 07 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also wanted to know the answer to the question 'how long will a clutch last?'

My car is approaching 70k miles
jazzer2k3

29th Apr 07 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well me and my mate jus replaced the clutch + Release bearing and friction plate - all that from Vauxhall was £108 inc VAT

Altho its a proper BALLS of a job.

[Edited on 29-04-2007 by jazzer2k3]
ed

29th Apr 07 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Thoday
quote:
Originally posted by RS6
claim under warrenty yes

thats what i thought its an 04 corsa so 3 years old and just passed first MOT fine.

Its the gear linkage i believe and should cost between £60 and £100 quid approximately i am being told.

what about the diagnositc check.. seems a waste to be forced to pay £44 quid when others are adamant about the reason for the problem and all experienced the same problems
Will be out of warrenty though now if it's 3 years old?
Thoday

30th Apr 07 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RS6
claim under warrenty yes

Will be out of warrenty though now if it's 3 years old?

expired i am told 26th april 2007

car was booked in on the 25th although not being looked at until the 1st may as "they have lots of cars booked in atm"

Jill
Premium Member

1st May 07 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
expired i am told 26th april 2007

car was booked in on the 25th although not being looked at until the 1st may as "they have lots of cars booked in atm"

That at Aylesbury Vauxhall? Ifso tbph with you I am not suprised- after the damage they caused to my car last year and nearly taking them to court I can not think of a worse place to go. And in all honesty I wouldn't be suprised if they looked up your records and saw when your warranty expired and deliberately held up the process of looking at your car This does happen by the way because my friends brother works there and he said about it a while ago...

JILL

[Edited on 01-05-2007 by Jill]
deano87

1st May 07 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But surely if the complaint/fault has been locked before the expiry date, and the fault is has clearly developed before the expiry date, then it'll be under warranty?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clutch 23 database queries in 0.0124569 seconds