corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steering...again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steering...again
Fro

User status: Offline
   4th May 07 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres the latest thing i noticed with my ongoing steering problem....

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
When at speeds above 45/50mph if i turn the wheel the steering is delayed and does not do the required straight away.

E.g if i turn the wheel left then back to centre it will go left but goes back to centre a short period after the steering wheel has got there.

This feels very strange and is quite worrying. Does anyone know what could cause this?

After work last night i thought i would go to an empty car park and drive round in a circle to see if the steering messes up as it does above. If I hold the wheel so i am going in a clockwise circle the car tries to do its own thing and pull out, i had it jacked up and had the wheels checked but there is no play or movement either side.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks Fro
pdwhelan

4th May 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sup my shizzle

hmm i have a problem similar but i know its my track rod end (i think)

When i steer to the right its fine bar the noise it makes on the left like a knock/rub sound and the steering returns to straight almost instantly.

Steer to the left and there is a slight delay and it doesnt return very quick and some times not at all if i havnt turned that much.

I have play in the left wheel wich is the track rod end so i guess this is causing some of my problems like the knock/rub sound.
But even before that i always thought steering left was a bit dodgy.

Have you got power steering?, i have so it could have somthing to do with this, not building enough preasure up or a slight air leak. TBH i wouldnt go off what i last said because im realy realy not sure, its just a wild guess!

Let me know if you sort it out
Fro

4th May 07 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i have power steering my problem seems similar to yours but it doesn't make any abnormal noises and otherwise it drive normally It just started happening, i havn't clipped a kerb lately or anything
Fro

14th Jun 07 at 05:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track rod ends and lower ball joints were changed a little while ago, and i had the car retracked, still not solved the problem

Any other ideas people?

Thanks Fro
Fro

15th Jun 07 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dee
Banned

15th Jun 07 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheel bearing? Could be fooked inside.
Fro

18th Jun 07 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the left one replaced which was making some funky noises, had the other side checked but there is no play in it

New Poll