corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whoops!..........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whoops!..........
J4M13

User status: Offline
5th May 07 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started hearing a wierd kind of knocking noise this afternoon and didnt think it was anything serious untill it started getting worse, so decided to drive home ot have a proper look at the problem, halfway home the brakes start squeling so went to pull over and brake pedal went straight to the floor and would hardly brake. Managed to get home and took the wheel off to have a look, something had been catching the brake disk as there is a score mark all the way around it, took the caliper and disk off and the hub fell off!!
Gutted! last thing i need when i need to drive to find a new job and i dont have a penny to my name

Gave Chris Astley a ring and ask if there were any kind of warrenty on the hubs and he said he will replace it no problems
Just got to send the old one to him so he can have a look at it.
Getting the rest of the hub pressed out on tuesday and hopefully the new one in by wednesday so all should be ok thank god.
just thought id let you all know about my day

[Edited on 05-05-2007 by J4M13]
Mo

5th May 07 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted then
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th May 07 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to my world mate!

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=354008

Cost me about £100 to sort out (New Brakes inc.)

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
J4M13

5th May 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same side as well

the end of my driveshaft hasnt snapped like yours did though phil.
i think ill luckily get away with the disks being ok so i should be fine, could have weakend the driveshaft though possibly?
Ste L

5th May 07 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo sticking with gsi shafts on my conversion, not seen this problem happen with them
J4M13

5th May 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sh*t, just remembered i forgot to check the other hub, it felt like something was abit nackered when i first checked at side of road
corsaandy

5th May 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same thing as happened to phil's happened to mine last year when i was in germany at the nurburgring, thankfully i had completed my last lap and was driving back to the campsite!!!!

I have since gone to gsi shafts and shall find out what they are like when i get the car back on the road next week.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th May 07 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine didn't junk the shaft. Needed a new CV though! That snapped in 2...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whoops!.......... 24 database queries in 0.0104680 seconds