corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lucas Leiva - Young Brazilian Player - Now Confirmed Signing!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lucas Leiva - Young Brazilian Player - Now Confirmed Signing!!
Cosmo

User status: Offline
10th May 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard a few rumours that we've signed him for 9m Euros from Gremio.

Anyone know ANYTHING about him?!!

[Edited on 11-05-2007 by Cosmo]
Nath

10th May 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wank imo
Cosmo

10th May 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Wank imo

U20 Brazil Capt. and has won his first cap in the Brazil first team....from what Ive read!
Nath

10th May 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i'm just being an pain in the arse, not heard of the guy but i'd imagine he'd be good
J da Silva

10th May 07 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit like a Makelele/Mascherano type player, hard tackler, good in the air, butt ugly though.
Cosmo

10th May 07 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
Bit like a Makelele/Mascherano type player, hard tackler, good in the air, butt ugly though.

I knew you'd know, hence why I posted it up.

Look like a good prospect? Worth the £6mil risk?
J da Silva

10th May 07 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, sign him tomorrow, he'll be in Europe next season either way, he is one of them players that when he gets the ball and you start to close him down, it's too late because the ball has gone, he's tidy, doesn't dwell on the ball, takes a touch and picks a pass, all of Gremios wins in the Brasilerio Campanaeto and the Rio Grande Do Sul state champs have come when he's had a good game.
I watch RedSportTV a few weeks back and they were analyzing how many goals went through him in 06........
76 out of 120 goals were results of Lucas' build ups.
Cosmo

10th May 07 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have heard he has already signed and will be anounced later in the summer (once the window opens I guess).
Cosmo

11th May 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off SSN.

Liverpool have won the race for Brazilian midfielder Lucas, according to his club Gremio.

The 20-year-old has long been linked with a move for Europe, as his impressive displays as the holding midfielder for Gremio have caught the eye of watching scouts.

Gremio have claimed a host of teams came calling, but stated Liverpool acted quickly to wrap up the transfer.

"We did business very fast with Liverpool because there was a lot of interest," Gremio secretary Alfredo Oliveira told Radio Bandeirantes.

"Lucas travelled to England to present himself and although there are a few little details to be resolved, I can say that the transfer has been arranged and that Lucas will join his new team once Gremio's participation in the Copa Libertadores ends."

It is believed that Liverpool have paid in the region of £8million for the Brazil international.

Gremio are in the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores, but Lucas should link-up with The Reds for pre-season in order to put pressure on the likes of Mohamed Sissoko, Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.
Tom

11th May 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we seem to be heavy on these types of players at the minute but not gonna argue if they put pressure on eachother and he sounds very promising by those reports. Suspect someone may be on there way out though (momo )

Needs some story to break about a stiker now.

BTW jizinho it's ace having you on here to shed light on the south americnas
Cosmo

11th May 07 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Id imagine it may be Alonso who ends up going (as bait for Eto maybe?) as Sissoko is a little bit of a different player to Masch and Alonso with all his running and that! Id rather none of them went though

And agreed about Jizinho....my source for all this South American
RyanSxi

11th May 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit strange though buying another defensive midfielder? need some goals really
Cosmo

11th May 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi

we have enough money to buy 2 players maybe?
RyanSxi

11th May 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

still seems a bit daft strenghthening the area in your team that has the most depth already.

/childish banter anyway i don't really care because you will still be shit next season /childish banter

Cosmo

11th May 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
still seems a bit daft strenghthening the area in your team that has the most depth already.

/childish banter anyway i don't really care because you will still be shit next season /childish banter

It is strange unless someone is going, or we just did it to stop you signing him
Cosmo

11th May 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rafa...

"The deal with the player and his club is almost done and I am really pleased he is coming to us," said Benitez.

"He is the captain of the Brazil under-20 side and won the Golden Boot in his country last year so we know he has quality and we also believe he has the mentality and the character you need to do well in England.

"He can play as a holding midfielder but he can also get from box to box and so I am looking forward to seeing him score goals for Liverpool in the future.

"A lot of clubs in England and Spain were asking about him but our scouting department has again been working really hard and it's good that he's coming to us.

"He will arrive in the summer and then will start adapting to football in this country. We know it can take time but I think he has the quality to be putting pressure on Gerrard, Mascherano, Xabi and Sissoko next season."
Robbo

11th May 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We paid £4.5m for Denilson (u19 Capt)... IMO this lad will have a lot to live upo to... Denilson has been great for us this season!
Cosmo

11th May 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Denilson has been great for us this season!

Was shite in that 6-3 against us, along with Walcott. Rest of the team wasnt bad though
J da Silva

11th May 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

He's good at running at goal aswell, very versatile, has a good defensive game and a good attacking game, you could still have Mascherano protecting, and Lucas will change to his alternative game, he is well known for his 25/30 yard top corner strikes.
J da Silva

12th May 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
we seem to be heavy on these types of players at the minute but not gonna argue if they put pressure on eachother and he sounds very promising by those reports. Suspect someone may be on there way out though (momo )

Needs some story to break about a stiker now.

BTW jizinho it's ace having you on here to shed light on the south americnas

TY.
I have loads more player on my up and coming list, I'll email Rafa later.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lucas Leiva - Young Brazilian Player - Now Confirmed Signing!! 24 database queries in 0.0095129 seconds